IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Our Simulacra

thumbass

I reached out to this guy a while back to see if we could license one of his tracks. His agent/manager responded saying he didn't want to press anything to vinyl because of the environmental impact of vinyl production, but if I had a way to manufacture vinyl that was environmentally friendly (i.e. not using vinyl) he'd consider it. I replied saying we could release something on cassette only and just use recycled cassettes (ie. recording over previously used cassettes). Strangely, I never heard back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gated said:

I reached out to this guy a while back to see if we could license one of his tracks. His agent/manager responded saying he didn't want to press anything to vinyl because of the environmental impact of vinyl production, but if I had a way to manufacture vinyl that was environmentally friendly (i.e. not using vinyl) he'd consider it. I replied saying we could release something on cassette only and just use recycled cassettes (ie. recording over previously used cassettes). Strangely, I never heard back.

LOL this is pretty hilarious

Anyways, stoked for a new FB album but he'll never top the old ones I'm afraid. + cover art not to my liking

20 minutes ago, ncrtx said:

LOL this is pretty hilarious

Yeah, also I think the environmental impact of vinyl is relatively low considering how long people keep records. Records generally never get thrown away, they're always sold on or whatever -- essentially recycling them. I'd also like to know the environmental impact of the huge datacenters that store people's music on Bandcamp or Spotify etc. Surely that needs to be quantified before you decide never to release music on vinyl.

Anyway, sorry, I'm sure this album will be good.

Edited by gated

17 minutes ago, xox said:

Lol what a moron! 

no need to be a dick about it.  its like someone going vegan for environmental reasons.  it doesnt harm me and i frankly respect his trying to make change from whatever platform he has control over.

the quality of his music is another discussion altogether.. but ill probably just stick to the principle of not saying anything if i have nothing good to say:nope: (lol @ that album cover tho)

26 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's crazy that he hates vinyl but would burn a deer for the cover of his album

plus chainsawing out the title of his album in large futuristic letters through that tree, which probably killed it.

• Like 3

The problem with my man Benn is the way he talks in his blog etc etc. Also he has made some good tunes but they are buried in a pile of mediocre and lukewarm pieces of shit that sound so unoriginal that I can't believe someone actually put this out. Take Kirlian Selections for example, great breakcore tracks but the other stuff around it is just incredibly bland.

The guy also had some shit song and album titles

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

sim·u·la·crum
/ˌsimyəˈlākrəm,ˌsimyəˈlakrəm/
noun
plural noun: simulacra
  1. an image or representation of someone or something.
    "a small-scale simulacrum of a skyscraper"
    • an unsatisfactory imitation or substitute.
      "a bland simulacrum of American soul music"
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:
sim·u·la·crum
/ˌsimyəˈlākrəm,ˌsimyəˈlakrəm/
noun
plural noun: simulacra
  1. an image or representation of someone or something.
    "a small-scale simulacrum of a skyscraper"
    • an unsatisfactory imitation or substitute.
      "a bland simulacrum of American soul music"

well, i guess a fake deer will do

6 hours ago, markedone said:

no need to be a dick about it.  its like someone going vegan for environmental reasons.  it doesnt harm me and i frankly respect his trying to make change from whatever platform he has control over.

the quality of his music is another discussion altogether.. but ill probably just stick to the principle of not saying anything if i have nothing good to say:nope: (lol @ that album cover tho)

that's like... my opinion.

i don't respect vain moral acts! lol simulacra?! cmoooon he's mr.vain! we know him! mister faux-squarepusher.... mr.squaresimulacrum

Spoiler

Edited by xox