IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Our Simulacra

thumbass

54 minutes ago, gated said:

this is on CD? Plastic? Wow, the cognitive dissonance is great with this one.

Yeah these CDs are ultimately gonna end up in some poor beached whale's belly. Flahblub cancelled

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I just don't understand why he doesn't release a single before opening up the pre-orders

NVM he released the first track

Edited by thumbass

So far I am surprisingly really enjoying the two released tracks. Might be the best Flahblub in a decade

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 2

I've wrote something to the effect before when people pile on this guy.

Say what you want about the flashbulb, but he's been cranking the music he wants to do for years, despite the criticism of his style from watmm. His youtube channel is pretty great, and he has a genuine love for electronic music production and everything surrounding it.  I'm not going to dig into the way he "comes off" in writing or whatever because he seems like generally a good natured dude (from what I've seen..) who's really dedicated his life and career to this stuff. I don't get super into most of his albums but I really admire the guy and what he's been able to accomplish.

• Like 7

Yeah. Interesting track. Will check the rest out.

Bit poppy, but theres enough in there to keep my interest. And it's not trying to be too clever or too complex. If I wasnt a fan of his tunes in the past, it was mostly because it often sounded like the music sounded like it tried to be more complex than it needed to be. This is better, imo. Have to admit that I havent heard a flashbulb track in years, btw. First impression is this is better than what I last heard.

He is a high testosterone man. That's making all the beta faggots nerds from WATMM team up to bring him down in fear of him stealing our females. We don't need another alpha next to Joyrex here

Edited by darreichungsform
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

He is a high testosterone man. That's making all the beta faggots nerds from WATMM team up to bring him down in fear of him stealing our females. We don't need another alpha next to Joyrex here

Finally someone had zhe balls to say it out loud... 

p.s. just wash yo ball regularly 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Lol @ at all the people here first posting in this thread for the meme and then not giving the album a proper shot. It's genuinely good

yes, it's a nice album, i like it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

This one slipped off my radar last year, but I like the stuff posted in this thread. Sounds like he's leveled up his Do You Know Squarepusher sound.