IGNORED

Global Communication - 76:14 / Pentamerous Metamorphosis / Singles, Remixes, Unreleased Bonus Tracks Reissue [Official]

hayhook

8 minutes ago, JS6791MC said:

Apparently, 7:39 (cassette demo) is ready for download but they forgot to add the track to the download. I'm sure Bleep will correct it. 

I just caved and bought it. Track is there for me...

Untitled-1.jpg

• Facepalm 1

i'm guessing the boxset is bleep exclusive, and the individual lps will be available elsewhere. who knows. or its 'bleep exclusive' to induce panic buying.

regardless, looks really awesome and purchased.

4 minutes ago, species8472 said:

i'm guessing the boxset is bleep exclusive, and the individual lps will be available elsewhere. who knows. or its 'bleep exclusive' to induce panic buying.

regardless, looks really awesome and purchased.

I think only the vinyl box set is exclusive to blerp.

I'm slightly disappointed there isn't anything new on there other than the demo track (couldn't care less about a Lone remix personally), it's basically not that different from the 2006 reissue. Ordered it anyway as I don't own Pentamerous Metamorphosis.

Insta buy ! thanks guyz for the tip, was aware of the shitty MOD but not of this box set :catnope:

Edited by zaizai

I got the box set I don't know why the Remix LP couldn't have the unreleased track? Instead of Lone remix.

Is there a plan for a Reload Short Stories repress?

Grabbed phatty LP box. I mean that’s what this was all about right?

Having a dream thought that A Collection of Short Stories and it’s proposed sequel could be put out as a 4xLP together. That’s VERY wishful thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chassis said:

I got the box set I don't know why the Remix LP couldn't have the unreleased track? Instead of Lone remix.

Is there a plan for a Reload Short Stories repress?

Probably too much hassle licensing all the tracks a second time.

7 hours ago, BUNKUM said:

I'm slightly disappointed there isn't anything new on there other than the demo track (couldn't care less about a Lone remix personally), it's basically not that different from the 2006 reissue. Ordered it anyway as I don't own Pentamerous Metamorphosis.

Yeah, honestly I'm a little disappointed with it. It swaps out The Biosphere (GC Remix) for a demo and the Lone remix, meaning I'm going to have to keep the 2006 version just for that one track (really don't like owning multiple copies). Was hoping for a more comprehensive box, with The Biosphere, Funk in the Fridge, the Maiden Voyage remixes, maybe a proper unreleased track or two? I mean I'm still buying it for Pentamerous, because that's still ludicrously priced in the second hand market, but I'm still effectively spending £25 for that one CD and a demo, which is a bit pricey.

@purlieu oh yeah, totally forgot about the Maiden Voyage mixes, damn. Funk in the Fridge is a great track too. Perhaps licensing issues prevented it. 

This will be the 4th time I’ve bought 76:14 as well, not complaining but don’t think I’ve done that for any other release. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I kind of held my nose to pre-order this, because I genuinely don't understand how it costs $35 to ship, but I really only buy on vinyl for all time classics or smaller artists that need the dough, so that's how I rationalized it.  

In terms of postage, do you guys really think $35 is expensive? It's a 7xLP boxset. These things are HEAVY yo. They'll also (hopefully) have a lot of packaging around them, which increases bulk/weight further.

Let's put it another way: The guy who releases my music in the USA recently sent me 3 12" vinyl records and 2 12" test presses to me in the UK. It all fit in a musicmax mailer and weighed about 1.3kg (likely about half what this GC boxset will weigh). It cost $65. CD's from the USA to the UK also cost about $20 the last time I bought one.

Edited by brisk

11 hours ago, brisk said:

In terms of postage, do you guys really think $35 is expensive? It's a 7xLP boxset. These things are HEAVY yo. They'll also (hopefully) have a lot of packaging around them, which increases bulk/weight further.

Let's put it another way: The guy who releases my music in the USA recently sent me 3 12" vinyl records and 2 12" test presses to me in the UK. It all fit in a musicmax mailer and weighed about 1.3kg (likely about half what this GC boxset will weigh). It cost $65. CD's from the USA to the UK also cost about $20 the last time I bought one.

I think its because bleep only have a tracked shipping option, at least I looked at changing it to standard mail to see what it would cost and I didn't manage to do it.

It was €12 to IE from UK.

12 hours ago, brisk said:

I've noticed that there has been a considerable bump in postage costs in recent years, but this is also due to couriers' extended handle on the market; domestically, Europe-wide using the national-transnational postal system costs are semi-reasonable, but overseas e.g. from US to Finland, even small packages have become really pricey; value-added services like registered/signed for/tracked are almost a necessary evil when the price of the item(s) exceeds a certain limit. Then again, couriers have bulk options where the costs don't go up linearly, but if I would like to order a 12" or two from Bandcamp to support a label or artist directly, the p&p becomes prohibitively expensive due to limited options (although you can usually ask if there are cheaper options, some labels explicitly state this on their pages), the postage can easily be as much or even more than the price of the records themselves. This is why I've gone mostly digital after being a vinyl-only aficionado for a lifetime - but items like this GC box are my exceptions: the postage from the UK to Finland is 24.20 € on top of the 90 € for the box and yes, it does sting a bit even when I accept the cost-benefit ratio.

At least I'm not a heroin addict, it's only vinyl. Only vinyl. Only...

16 minutes ago, dcom said:

I've noticed that there has been a considerable bump in postage costs in recent years, but this is also due to couriers' extended handle on the market; domestically, Europe-wide using the national-transnational postal system costs are semi-reasonable, but overseas e.g. from US to Finland, even small packages have become really pricey; value-added services like registered/signed for/tracked are almost a necessary evil when the price of the item(s) exceeds a certain limit. Then again, couriers have bulk options where the costs don't go up linearly, but if I would like to order a 12" or two from Bandcamp to support a label or artist directly, the p&p becomes prohibitively expensive due to limited options (although you can usually ask if there are cheaper options, some labels explicitly state this on their pages), the postage can easily be as much or even more than the price of the records themselves. This is why I've gone mostly digital after being a vinyl-only aficionado for a lifetime - but items like this GC box are my exceptions: the postage from the UK to Finland is 24.20 € on top of the 90 € for the box and yes, it does sting a bit even when I accept the cost-benefit ratio.

At least I'm not a heroin addict, it's only vinyl. Only vinyl. Only...

Yeah, sadly postage prices rise every April here in the UK. I noticed that international postage in particular has risen dramatically in the last 12 months, likely due to current world circumstances/general Royal Mail greed. I see my invoices for records I sent to people 10 years ago and just laugh at how much more they cost now.

I still think $35 isn't *that* bad for a heavy vinyl boxset from the UK to the USA, especially if it's tracked/signed-for. It's certainly much cheaper than it'd cost to send it from the USA to the UK. However, it's the big downside with having single stores have exclusive access to a record/release. USA and UK/EU should always have separate distribution, if at all possible.

BTW guys, you'll also likely get hit with customs/import tax on this, so also bear that in mind before purchasing.

Edited by brisk

2 hours ago, chassis said:

I think its because bleep only have a tracked shipping option, at least I looked at changing it to standard mail to see what it would cost and I didn't manage to do it.

There's no way they'd offered a non-tracked option as it wouldn't be insured for anything over £25.