Global Communication - 76:14 / Pentamerous Metamorphosis / Singles, Remixes, Unreleased Bonus Tracks Reissue [Official]

hayhook

So, Finally There's some "official" info coming out on this... DJ Magazine this month has a feature on Global Communication which includes this little tidbit:

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.13.24 PM.png

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Global Communication - 76:14 / Pentamerous Metamorphosis / Singles, Remixes, Unreleased Bonus Tracks Reissue [Official]
4 hours ago, xox said:

Itz an ost for the melrose place reboot

Is it bad that I really love GC, and the concept of hearing it played live with a string ensemble sounds like the best thing ever. And then clicking that video and wanting to break things and immediately removed the Jazz Cafe ticket from my basket....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Is it bad that I really love GC, and the concept of hearing it played live with a string ensemble sounds like the best thing ever. And then clicking that video and wanting to break things and immediately removed the Jazz Cafe ticket from my basket....

Now you know how i feel...

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

It's pretty much how I feel every time I see electronic artists try to adapt their albums for live acoustic/classical ensembles. Most just come off as really cheesy and often highlights how simplistic the actual arrangements are.

Weirdly though, the live version of 14 31 they performed as "Lament" was actually really good! Probably because it skipped the brass section, heh.

• 1 month later...

Mark recently replied about the release on the Global Communication fb page "We have had a very long road on this, We got it really close and pretty much ready to go. Now we are negotiating the new situation that we are all in (covid-19 et al). I expected it to get pushed back a good few months more, but at the moment we are still aiming for June - July. Things could change of course but fingers crossed! - Mark"

(thread opens if you click the blue fb logo)

• Like 3

Oh, nice--thanks for the heads up on this. This album and Biosphere's "Substrata" got me through many long nights at the office in my first year of grad school. I'm going to revisit them both today. 

Man, thinking about this album and "Substrata" also reminded me of how, around the same time I was inhabiting the worlds created by these albums, I spent WAAAYYY too much money on an imported copy of Reload's "A Collection of Short Stories". For me at that time, it was worth it, but it sure was a lot of money which I didn't really have then. Gonna add that to my nostalgia list today. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now