IGNORED

If you could only listen to 1.

YEK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

The song about the dogs being let out. nothing else

Good choice. One time I was on a train sitting opposite a small child who kept singing the song about the dogs being let out, except he only knew the chorus and he only knew the words to half of the chorus, so he just kept singing "who let der der der" over and over again. Let me tell you, that journey just flew by.

It would have to be an artist with a very diverse range.  While they're by no means my favourite artist, I might go with Ween.  I'm pretty much always in a good mood as soon as I put Ween on.  That would be a must in this one artist scenario.

4 hours ago, Roo said:

Would be a very tough choice. Might pick Wham!/George Michael, as I enjoy almost every track he made, and a few different desert-island friendly styles in there, from sunny boppers to armchair ballads.

Autechre, Radiohead, JS Bach, Ella Fitzgerald and possibly Crowded House are some others I'd consider, all desert island faves of mine. Anyone else I'd probably get sick of after a while, but could hack it with those as well.

Good choice!

Speaking of... Have you ever listened to this and imagined that it was a NIN song?

Ignore the visuals and just imagine Trent Reznor singing with some distorted instruments. 

47 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Good choice!

Speaking of... Have you ever listened to this and imagined that it was a NIN song?

Ignore the visuals and just imagine Trent Reznor singing with some distorted instruments. 

I was already very familiar with that track (and the earlier Seal version of Killer as well) long before I'd ever even heard a NIN song, so it would be hard for me to recalibrate to it in quite that way. Interesting connection though!

So far, Bowie is my favorite answer as his discography is diverse enough to keep you from going crazy as quickly. Even though I’m not into his complete library, I can’t think of a better choice. And there’s even a lot of his work I haven’t heard yet.

Probably no one. Silence. Thinking ahead a few years. I know I would grow to hate the artist I chose. And who knows maybe I'll be rescued from the desert island in 10 years, and I'd never wanna listen to that artist again for sure.

Nickelback all the way. Huge fan of theirs since I first heard "Lemon Tree".

Second place would be a very close call between Autechre and Aphex Twin. ae would be suitable because of their immense output and complexity; they just don"t get old, and discovering new details in their music would keep me busy for years.

Aphex, on the other hand, is just more diverse and has a track for every mood, so I'd probably go with him.

Archived