IGNORED

Alva Noto - XERROX VOL. 4

scumtron

Quite keen to peel my ears back and soak up some new XERROX. Alva Noto seems to represent the outer limits of my experimental electronic musical taste. 

He is the one balancing on the edge of the precipice, on the edge of the void. After him there is just endless circles of annoying noisey pink-plonk, until of course one finally falls into the jaws of Hell.

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 10:07 PM, dr lopez said:

hmm i just listened through all three and somehow found 2 lacking... weird? 1 is my fav. 

ok then *jarts*

Monophaser 2 is fucking amazing. *knife fight*

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrating the 40th birthday of "Forest" by The Cure, Alva Noto releases a remix12 inch on Bleep and curates an NTS radio The Cure special available in one hour. 

(Original track is dope, btw.)

Anyone lnow if/where the vinyl is available? Bleep has zero stock (left?), and I can't find it anywhere else. I've even contacted Noton, but no reply so far. I'd just like to know if it's gone already so I can buy the digital vinyl and be at peace.

Edit: Talking about "A Forest".

Edited by IDEM

12 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Anyone lnow if/where the vinyl is available? Bleep has zero stock (left?), and I can't find it anywhere else. I've even contacted Noton, but no reply so far. I'd just like to know if it's gone already so I can buy the digital vinyl and be at peace.

Edit: Talking about "A Forest".

I think blerp got em all.  

Not at my computer to post this and can't be arsed to screenshot it at this hour but he just confirmed the release date in a comment on that Instagram post-- June 16th ?

• Thanks 1

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Alva Noto - XERROX VOL. 4
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jafs said:

Clips are up!

Wow, this is gonna be a hell of an album.

Spoiler

It sounds more like a continuation of Volume 2 in terms of noise usage, which is pretty nice. The samples for Xerrox Cosmos and Xerrox Calypsoid 1 sound like they could almost be on Prototypes (if it wasn't for the strings ofc).

13 hours ago, purlieu said:

Sounds like a cross between 2 and 3 to me. Bit more of the plinkyplonkiness of 3 but with the strings and richness of 2. Sounding good, either way. 

I thought the same thing.

''Xerrox île'' sounds like a standout, those bits from it are promising.

Edited by Jafs

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos of the LP release:

"VOL.1: 'OLD WORLD'
VOL.2: 'TO THE NEW WORLD'
VOL.3: 'TOWARDS SPACE'
VOL.4: 'TRANSIT EXTRASOLAR TERRITORIES AND INNER WORLDS'"

While waiting for the new Xerrox, I dunno if anyone noticed, but a new Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto track came out a few weeks ago: flux 1

• Like 1