IGNORED

Yves Tumor - ‘Heaven To A Tortured Mind’

SeparateHold

How are serpent music and deposit of faith so good.. and everything since so musically lukewarm for me. I really liked a few songs on the last album, but the rest lost my interest, and this track seems to continue the thread that lost me.

Serpent Music and Safe in the Hands of Love are absolutely outstanding albums, hopefully the new album will blow my away like they did. New single seems promising. Shame he's not supporting ecco2k's upcoming tour as I believe ecco is supporting Yves'

• Like 1

I was introduced to Yves Tumor via the fact that one of my favorite musicians, James Ferraro, was featured on his last LP. I didn't discover his early sound collage ambient type stuff till later on. So his poppy stuff is what I really love his music for. But I do really like his first album "When Man Fails You."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBo0 said:

I was introduced to Yves Tumor via the fact that one of my favorite musicians, James Ferraro, was featured on his last LP. I didn't discover his early sound collage ambient type stuff till later on. So his poppy stuff is what I really love his music for. But I do really like his first album "When Man Fails You."

I discovered him in late 2018 as he was the supporting for sadboys and drain gang on their wings of desire London show.

Just now, milkface said:

Unfortunately not I believe I have exams when he's in London. How about you?

Yeah man I've had the tickets I bought hanging on a magnet on my PC since I bought them. Going with a friend who also likes his music. Bummer about that london show tho man. He's gonna have a live band playing with him and everything.

• Like 1

yves tumor show around serpent music was.. memorable.  he would que an instrumental and then pace through the crowd screaming over it, and the music was really harsh, basically a full set of stuff like serpent 1.  i remember having to back off a bit because it was also crazy loud. but good show

based on the video i imagine the current show will be much different but no less theatrical

Edited by markedone

• 2 weeks later...

New single!! I'm a bit late to posting this..

This one is... Not as good as the last single. It's alright, good enough. Still very excited for the album. I preordered the tape because it was close to selling out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this! Liked that duo he was in, Bodyguard, back in 2012, so I should really get into the rest of his career

1 hour ago, milkface said:

Had the album on repeat all day. Massive fan of Romanticist and Dream Palette, they work so well together. Amazing album overall ?

I think I liked his last album more... But that one took a few years to grow on me, maybe in 2 years I'll love this one just as much!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingBo0 said:

I think I liked his last album more... But that one took a few years to grow on me, maybe in 2 years I'll love this one just as much!

Oh totally, I don't think anything will top Safe In The Hands Of Love. The combination of Yves' kinda funky Style with his industrial electonic stuff is unbeatable.

• Like 1

holy fuck y'all

this is seriously great stuff

what a perfect twist up of vibes and somehow managing to be catchy and weird as fuck in the best ways. lots of really subtle stuff going on in the production and recording. 

going to be listening to this a lot this year

only complaint is that it doesn't go off the deep end here and there and just totally go self indulgent 12 minutes of deep dive into a groove or something. but keeping everything tight and straight to the point is something i'm never really going to complain about either

• Like 2