IGNORED

Yves Tumor - ‘Heaven To A Tortured Mind’

SeparateHold

Here's my personal opinion right now. Tracks with a ❤️ I liked, tracks without it I didn't.
image.thumb.png.c9240821e14dc77a4994d810e40b4a49.png
I'd say he definitely had the singles as the best songs, which is kinda disappointing. That's the issue with releasing that many singles off a short album. He probably should have stuck to just 1 or 2 singles instead of the 4 he ended up releasing.

13 hours ago, dr lopez said:

goddam the vocals are so bad. can he hire a singer???

I've always really like his singing personally.

Edited by KingBo0

I like this album, and have played it 3 times already which is a lot for the 3 days it's been out. I think that's because it's short and that my girlfriend also likes him so it's an easy go-to around the house. 

It's unfortunate though that I find the lead track to be the best. Gonna take more listens and maybe I'll have a different favorite at some point, but that's how it stands right now.

• Like 2

I love this new album, I was a bit worried as the early press releases mentioned him going "pop".  It's a great evolution to his sound.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiya said:

I was a bit worried as the early press releases mentioned him going "pop"

His albums have been getting poppier and poppier with each subsequent release. Started with a few tracks on serpent music, continued on Safe In The Hands of Love, and now with this new one It's very noticeable. I'm a fan but also hesitant. I wonder how far he can push it while still having an unique edge.

6 hours ago, KingBo0 said:

His albums have been getting poppier and poppier with each subsequent release. Started with a few tracks on serpent music, continued on Safe In The Hands of Love, and now with this new one It's very noticeable. I'm a fan but also hesitant. I wonder how far he can push it while still having an unique edge.

Yeah, I'm familiar with all his previous work, when I read "pop" I was afraid he'd gone full Jamie Lidell on us.

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

i feel like im taking crazy pills reading posts on here that like it

It's almost as if people like different things?!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I wasn't expecting this album to be so polarising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milkface said:

Anyways I wasn't expecting this album to be so polarising.

I'm pretty new here, but it seems like mention anything in the pop realm and alot of people here recoil and sink back into the earth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingBo0 said:

I'm pretty new here, but it seems like mention anything in the pop realm and alot of people here recoil and sink back into the earth.

This is an electronic music forum after all lol

• Like 1

such a good weird little album

r & b and classic rock and pop all rolled up and twisted into some strange bit of perfection. 

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBo0 said:

it has nothing to do with an aversion to "pop music." I wouldnt think of this as pop music, certainly not in its structure. it's a guy who recreated a few 70s/80s soul loops and sang flatly over them 

I listen to pop music much much more than IDM lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 8:51 AM, KingBo0 said:

Here's my personal opinion right now. Tracks with a ❤️ I liked, tracks without it I didn't.
image.thumb.png.c9240821e14dc77a4994d810e40b4a49.png
I'd say he definitely had the singles as the best songs, which is kinda disappointing. That's the issue with releasing that many singles off a short album. He probably should have stuck to just 1 or 2 singles instead of the 4 he ended up releasing.

I've always really like his singing personally.

Heh! the tracks you don't like are my favorites :lol:

i like this one more then the previous album, a lot of great songs

dear dr grumpy lopez, pls give this one some more spins, it's good

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Again, just like his previous albums, over half of his albums are borderline bad for my taste, but then he's able to do tracks like Strawberry Privilege, Greater Love or Hasdallen Light that blows me away. It's all or nothing with him.  I like 4 tracks on this, I hate most of the rest

Edited by Ayya Khema
  • Like 1