IGNORED

Yves Tumor - ‘Heaven To A Tortured Mind’

SeparateHold

1 hour ago, Ayya Khema said:

Again, just like his previous albums, over half of his albums are borderline bad for my taste, but then he's able to do tracks like Strawberry Privilege, Greater Love or Hasdallen Light that blows me away. It's all or nothing with him.  I like 4 tracks on this, I hate most of the rest

Strawberry Privilege and Hasdallen Light are good. nice bassline in strawberry privi.. in some tracks the vocals are the deal breaker for me and in others it's sublime.  i'd expect this stuff to show up in movies and shows. it's ripe for that because it's weird but somehow familiar and nostalgic or at least evokes something familiar. idk how to explain. but it's like the twin peaks juxtapositions of teenage melodrama and real trauma. and just a joy to listen to at times. i'm glad this music exists. seems like some people really love the hell out of all of it. 

i wonder how stuff like this will sound to me in 10 years or even just 5. 

Edited by ignatius

The last 2 albums have been 50% hit or miss (mostly the vocals..) for me too.  I never actually picked this one up..

Funny thing is when his stuff was playing with ambient and noise music (Serpent Music and Experiencing the Deposit of Faith) the hit rate was almost 100%.. and I dont imagine theyll age poorly.  Straight fire both of those albums

Edited by markedone

• 1 year later...

I don't know jack shit about Monsieur Tumor (I'm with jules, terrible name - my brain immediately goes to IT'S NAHT A TOOMAH) but I like this:

21 hours ago, auxien said:

^yeah that one is alright…there’s one or two others on the new EP that are pretty good but the rest is pretty underbaked imo

https://yves-tumor.bandcamp.com/album/the-asymptotical-world-ep

jackie is an absolute belter, and there's a wee post-punk esque tune on there that i quite liked. but yeah that's it.

pretty much sums up my thoughts on mr tumor. love half of his stuff but don't care for the rest.