IGNORED

What do you do when you’re really low?

jules

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadwanking is definitely inadvisable and unhealthy for your sperm count, especially for man over the age of 30. Please go to a domina, accept strap-ons in your ass and embrace her control over the amount of orgasms that you be allowed by her.

Some ball and nip torture might also help with getting those tears out that you can't get out by yourself.

Forest walk, take photos of cool fungi and listen to / record the bird song for sampling later.

Take a flask of hot tea to drink while you are there.

Night time star gazing is also very cool - find somewhere with very little light pollution and give yourself an hour so your eyes are fully adjusted.  It is amazing what you can see.  Also, recommend installing an app like Stellarium so you can easily ID loads of galaxies / satellites / meteors etc.  Fun times. 

When I am feeling particularly low, I generally start researching for the next issue of Snare/Rush, that always perks me up and gives me something to focus on.

1 minute ago, ManjuShri said:

Meditation is the only activity which guarantees an uptick in mood without a corresponding crash for me.

I've tried sitting perfectly still in a chair before with my eyes closed and it was insane, my whole body got pins and needles as I focussed really hard on shutting all of my limbs down and for those 20 or so minutes I was able to stop worrying.

Go to a hardcore/gabber/psytrance rave.

Or just go running.

1 hour ago, Psychotronic said:

Sadwanking is definitely inadvisable and unhealthy for your sperm count, especially for man over the age of 30.

You mean, by wanking there's less chance of having childred by accident? *jots it down*

Just now, darreichungsform said:

Well, it depends on where you jizz

What I learned from WATMM is that I should always ejaculate straight into fire.

18 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Have a brisk wank into the sea.

I wonder how many people have wanked during floatation therapy. 

Or a communal hot tub at a hotel or festival or something.

Don't the Ozzies have hot tubs at cricket stadiums these days? Yeah, do your deed in one of those.

tidy up the house, take a shower, and listen to something both beautiful and sad like Grouper or something like that

putting away the laptop and smartphone and watching a movie you love but haven't seen in ages is often a nice reset

focus-intensive sports do wonders to bring your mind out of a funk.  for me, thats running, biking, or rock climbing.  but even just walking is good.

also despite all the chaos and entropy in this world, i guarantee you are loved, and can share love with others to make their day better and that is a cool thing :ok:

I eat bad food, I drink loads of alcohol and smoke. I punish myself. Into the ground, and beyond. I don't listen to music. I don't do anything positive. I get up for work, the only essential thing I need to do, beyond that I continue the punishment.

This might last 2 weeks, then some part of my brain kicks in. If I go past this time frame, I know I am in trouble. Thankfully in the last decade this never continues more than 2 weeks

The curing starts off on Monday. I rise early. The evening before I have prepared all my food. Diet is the main key. I must never stray from my healthy diet, which is not extreme. But the Monday must start off with healthy fruit, vegetables and a breakfast bowl of simple porridge. I do as much exercise as I can (usually cycling to work and going for a simple run at lunch time). By mid-day I am already feeling like a fucking Shaolin Monk. I continue with this by meditating in the evening. All the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. The absolute essential thing to do now is to stay the fuck away from alcohol.  One sip, and the whole thing come crashing down. So I wake up on Tuesday morning and the whole world is a different place. And so I continue with my healthy diet, no booze, zero smokes, meditation, music is all of a sudden the best thing in the world, I'm reading books, etc etc. The weekend comes and I enjoy my drink.

I go through this strange cycle of being a brilliant human being for about 5 weeks, then Satan appears in my veins and I go off the fucking grid for 1 week (drink, smoke, drugs) I then endure the above (basically the same, but without the drugs). Then I need to get back. 

I sometimes wonder what this very strange Jekyll and Hyde character come from. I really wish to annihilate the bad side of me.   

14 minutes ago, beer badger said:

I eat bad food, I drink loads of alcohol and smoke. I punish myself. Into the ground, and beyond. I don't listen to music. I don't do anything positive. I get up for work, the only essential thing I need to do, beyond that I continue the punishment.

This might last 2 weeks, then some part of my brain kicks in. If I go past this time frame, I know I am in trouble. Thankfully in the last decade this never continues more than 2 weeks

The curing starts off on Monday. I rise early. The evening before I have prepared all my food. Diet is the main key. I must never stray from my healthy diet, which is not extreme. But the Monday must start off with healthy fruit, vegetables and a breakfast bowl of simple porridge. I do as much exercise as I can (usually cycling to work and going for a simple run at lunch time). By mid-day I am already feeling like a fucking Shaolin Monk. I continue with this by meditating in the evening. All the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. The absolute essential thing to do now is to stay the fuck away from alcohol.  One sip, and the whole thing come crashing down. So I wake up on Tuesday morning and the whole world is a different place. And so I continue with my healthy diet, no booze, zero smokes, meditation, music is all of a sudden the best thing in the world, I'm reading books, etc etc. The weekend comes and I enjoy my drink.

I go through this strange cycle of being a brilliant human being for about 5 weeks, then Satan appears in my veins and I go off the fucking grid for 1 week (drink, smoke, drugs) I then endure the above (basically the same, but without the drugs). Then I need to get back. 

I sometimes wonder what this very strange Jekyll and Hyde character come from. I really wish to annihilate the bad side of me.   

In my experience total abstinence and sobriety, straight-edge kinda behaviour etc. lead to binge consumption as soon as the discipline breaks for a moment. Therefore I don't really inhibit my consumption anymore which ironically makes me consume less. But this kind of stuff is very different for everyone

25 minutes ago, diatoms said:

broken record here, but personally

RDJ

always helps me when I'm low

lot o' info in those tunes to help sort your self:)

and don't forget a huge helping of

DANK

11 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Good on you man, seriously. I wish I had the courage to take that leap and get help for my mental health issues. It has nothing to do with how others see me tbh, more how I think of myself. I'm a mess. ;o

Psychotherapy helped me a lot — and still does. Besides cost and access issues, what kept me from looking for help was the belief that I wasn’t worth it : that’s a pretty good sign that I needed some.

Thread is a pathetic attempt by old gramps to tap into the current “feels“ culture. Jaded old snowflake trying to manipulate the fragile emotions of the next generation. Not fooling me. Go on, git! 

Archived