IGNORED

Something happening with “polyend” next autumn?

https://przekroj.pl/en/culture/22-24

“Piotr: “Aphex recently told us that he loves trackers. It turned out we’d been watching the same old YouTube videos of trackers at the same time, including the one I had on floppy disk as a kid. We’re doing a project together in the autumn, for a premiere. I’m so excited.”

But shh, don’t tell anyone!”

“Hi, this is Richard, aka Aphex Twin. I’ve seen your kit, it’s fucking amazing! Can I place an order?” The owners of Polyend, based in Olsztyn, received an email out of the blue.

Piotr Raczyński read the message out to his colleague, Czarek Fili, more out of curiosity than anything else.

“Nah, miracles don’t happen,” Czarek told him.

Piotr: “I was annoyed. I thought it was my brother taking the piss. A few months earlier I’d joked that if we ever sold an instrument to Aphex, we’d shut down the company on the spot, because there was nothing more you could achieve in this industry. He’d been my idol since I was a kid!”

“Is this a joke? Prove you’re you!” they wrote back.

In response they received a photo with Aphex Twin holding a piece of paper.

On the piece of paper, which was turned at an angle so there could be no question of it being a photomontage, was a handwritten message: “HI PIOTR!”

5cf6846c8ea0c.jpg.8cd2fd0b789a6c6c0ce51d8161b4a8e8.jpg

Haha:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

last teaser for the upcoming product sounds nice ! Guess it’s a tracker inspired groovebox !

edit

I wonder if these are tracks Richard made, or are these made by someone else using the presets or whatever Richard collaborated with them on?

• Like 1

^Yeah yeah, although we might need to ask a verification for that from the reddit community, if they could kindly check it from their 3D simulation of Rich's hand modelled, analyzed and critically discussed by the fanbase.

Another AFX collab, woot! Still can't get enough of that last one. ?

I'm such a nice person :smile:

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 2:47 PM, DJ Latte said:

https://przekroj.pl/en/culture/22-24

“Piotr: “Aphex recently told us that he loves trackers. It turned out we’d been watching the same old YouTube videos of trackers at the same time, including the one I had on floppy disk as a kid. We’re doing a project together in the autumn, for a premiere. I’m so excited.”

But shh, don’t tell anyone!”

This dude had YouTube videos of trackers on a floppy disk as a kid? That makes him at least 30 years old and no older than 20 at the same time. Weirdo. 

• 2 weeks later...