IGNORED

Something happening with “polyend” next autumn?

i've read in different places that it'll be around $1000.  but there's also some discussion about price at polyend and they're trying to make it affordable. the info was translated from a gear site/interview that's in polish so it's hard to get the details right.. but if they're sharing videos i'm sure we'll find out soon. i guess there's a bunch in the wild w/beta testers.

I. Do. Not. NEED. This. Device.

Trackers without computer keyboards don't make sense.

I am a terrible musician and should spend my time on other pursuits.

I have more than enough hardware.

And still this gives me a gear boner. ?

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Ginerpri said:

€500 is a killer price. Waiting for the Loopop review on YouTube to know how it really works now

^ This!

With Trash80's handheld tracker; https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v569581957&player=twitter&autoplay=false
and the nerdseq portable; https://xor-electronics.com/nerdseq-portable/ 
interesting tracker hardware emerging in these last covid days of humanity. 

90 seconds of sample memory per project. That's a bit too oldschool for my tastes. On my Rytm I often load minute long bits of field recordings to play around with.

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Trackers without computer keyboards don't make sense.

In all seriousness, you ever try Nerdseq/LSDJ. I was completely blown away how smart the inputs are and never really thought you could do a tracker with 4 arrow keys and 6 buttons. I was wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acid1 said:

In all seriousness, you ever try Nerdseq/LSDJ. I was completely blown away how smart the inputs are and never really thought you could do a tracker with 4 arrow keys and 6 buttons. I was wrong.

Never tried it ... but I watched (some of) the video and the interface seemed very useful usable 

That 90 second sampling limit, though ...

Edited by rhmilo

90 seconds isn't the end of the world to me. I am used to the 2kb limit on the nerdseq and 2mb limit on the MD.

Stop being lazy and chop those samples ?

• Like 1

This thing is really cool, but it just makes me want to get my Renoise/MilkyTracker/LGPT/LSDJ on. Nothing wrong with it, it just reminds me how much I love hand-drawn envelopes and instrument tables. I'm sure folks will have a lot of fun and make great stuff with it.