IGNORED

Something happening with “polyend” next autumn?

http://stazma-the-junglechrist.bandcamp.com/album/tracker-demo-songs

image.jpeg.619c059621da24a7e333a36c7b96bffc.jpeg

Hey there ! Here's my two "Demo Songs" for the Polyend Tracker, using my own sound bank that come with the machine. Link below. 

All samples used and .it files are included in the bonus download, have fun with those ! 

More infos here :  polyend.com/tracker/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 2:03 PM, BCM said:

looking like mine is going to be shipped around 10th July - can't wait!

In yet? How are you experiencing it in combination with the speaker placement and all? ?

They posted on facebook a few weeks ago that they were having issues with getting all of the orders out (staffing during covid iirc) , so they were running behind.  Hoping mine still gets here in August

• Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has arrived.  First impressions build quality seems good, reassuringly heavy for the size it is.  Probably won't get a chance to explore til weekend.  I'm in the middle of a studio rewire and not sure where I can find ergonomic space for it.  Some kind of articulated arm would be good.

The sampling in is mono, you can get simple devices that sum stereo to mono, but has anybody got more esoteric plans?  Currently trying to work out if its worth routing my turntable through my desk (midas venice 160 so inputs are valuable).

I'm just going to use my Zoom H2n for all recording and sampling purposes (has line in) then just stick the SD card from that into the Tracker and import everything that way.

The sampling from radio looks like a cool option, shame you can't change the radio frequency while recording (yet)?

Just discovered that a number of people who ordered their units from Thomann IN JULY, many weeks after I placed my pre-order, have now received their units. Also that someone was able to order from fucking Thomann b-stock in July and received delivery shortly thereafter.

I'm getting scant info from them about mine and no definitive dates when it will ship - just that Thomann expect to receive stock on 31st July. Doesn't make sense seeing as they obviously have already had stock which they appear to have sold to people rather than fulfilling pre-orders.

I've cancelled my order with Thomann.

No Tracker action for me for a while at least.

Guess there's always Renoise.

I'm a bit sad now.

I've had the exact same thing happen with Thomann before, I never shop with them any more as a result. Keep an eye out on Reverb, I saw some being sold on there the other day.

• Like 1

yeah I've seen a couple up for sale on fb too, but am going to consider my options for a bit. it's probably £450 i don't really need to spend and i've got too much gear as it is.

I've had mine for a while now, It's a good piece of kit but it does have bugs.. I've been reporting them to Polyend and they've been very receptive to the feedback and have fixed most of what I'd spotted so far. Also in speaking with them I've got some little hints towards their approach to support for the Tracker and it seems that there'll be a lot of features being added as time goes on, Custom microtune scales was one they mentioned which I thought was pretty interesting to have on a sampler.

These are my first posts here btw because even though I've been lurking here for some years now, I was under the impression that I couldn't post for some reason haha..

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 11:18 PM, BCM said:

I've cancelled my order with Thomann.

Was expexting the tracker next week, now it says another 5 to 7 weeks wtf, also ordered from Thomann btw. Not going to cancel yet, but makes you wonder how many units they have ordered and how these are divided amongst pre orders. 

yeah man, fucking annoying as fuck.

i'm going to wait until a UK supplier actually has some in stock (i reckon october time) and order one then. fuck thomann.

• 1 month later...

Wondering how people are enjoying their Trackers.

I'm constantly on the fence about ordering one, but will probably eventually get one of every tracker on the planet.

Can you adjust playback direction/speed per slice of a sliced sample? One of my favorite things to do is dedicate some slices to normal playback and others to ping pong/reversed/time stretched.

Does the lack of synths onboard bother anyone? I've created synths out of samples plenty of times in Renoise but eventually I get to a point where I want more traditional sounds and alternate ways of achieving them.

How is the file management system? I feel like having that massive jog wheel would help a lot in navigating sample folders. 

The thing that bugs me the most about it is I don't really see how "portable" it really is. It doesn't have batteries or speakers so you basically need to plug this into power and some speaker where ever you go. It also seems rather large in demo videos. I don't even know where I'd put it in my currently cramped studio. I hope I'm wrong about all of this.

I'm getting mine this weekend,  finally. Plan to use it on the go with one of the jbl speaker powerbanks. Am wondering about the screen brightness/quality myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Firmware V1.2.0 is out, adds a ton of useful things:

https://polyend.com/downloads/

Changes from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
– Added pattern Copy/Paste, Undo/Redo, Duplicate, Expand and Shrink actions from the Screen buttons level in the Pattern section
– Hold down the Pattern screen button in the Pattern mode to see the occupied patterns as lit up pads,
– Group step selecting and preview in the Pattern view is now available in the green mode,
– Mute labels in the Pattern view when Shift is pressed,
– Track renaming is now possible,

– Added automatic sample conversion algorithm in the Sample Loader.
– Confirmation popup for instrument replace & delete actions in the Sample Loader section,
– Completely rebuilt Sample Loader section,
– Implemented sample “de-clicking” algorithm.

– Added Overdrive real-time effect (both in Instrument Parameres and as a “D” Step Fx),
– Added EQ Fx in Sample Editor section,
– Added Overdrive Fx in Sample Editor section,
– Added Fade In/Out Fx functions in Sample Editor section,
– Added Normalizer Fx in the Sample Editor section got moved to the top of the list,
– New slower LFO speed values (all but Amp): 48, 64, 96, 128 were added,

– Added tempo tap function,
– Change the BPM value in decimal values (0.1) with the Shift key pressed,
– Press and hold the Tempo screen button to edit the BPM (this will prevent accidental tempo changes),
– In the Song mode, it’s now possible to switch between the Play Pattern and Play Song without stopping the sequence,
– Updated Song mode interface. A Green mode was added where the screen scrolls with the timeline and the Red mode for edition.

– Added playback mode icons in the sections top bars (headers),
– Implemented MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) which basically lets you browse the files and folders stored on your SD card from a computer level,
– Limit of 100 files per folder behaviour is changed. The Tracker will automatically divide folders carrying more than 100 files into subfolders.

– Added two new Master screens for per track, reverb & delay, dry mix volume levels with mute & solo in full range,
– Added ability to raise the volume above 0 dB using Gain, both for instruments and mixer,
– Track volume, Reverb and Delay Send Fx values are now displayed in dB,
– Master volume is now global, not per project,

– The notes/instruments used in the pattern sequences can be now visually displayed on the grid of pads (Config function),
– Sequence step enumeration is now available in decimal or hexadecimal values as a Config choice,
– Visual updates in the Config and introductory descriptions for the featured functions,
– New Config setting for Send Fx’s: Post-fader/Pre-fader selection,
– New Config setting for master Limiter Fx: Subtle/Hard selection,
– Added sample anti-aliasing on/off toggle switch in the Config,
– Firmware files are now being sorted by the version number,
– Added Reset Config function in the Firmware section,

– It’s now possible to play pads and use the sequencer over the MIDI output in the Sample Recorder section,
– New external MIDI recording options in Config – only notes/velocity/microtiming/velocity+microtiming,
– Start/Stop live recording without stopping the sequencer,

– Added new Custom Pattern Play mode with ten variations in the Performance section,
– Implemented Green/Red mode in the Performance section,

• Like 1