IGNORED

Something happening with “polyend” next autumn?

Been beta testing the in progress firmwares for a while now and really like how active the development is, though it feels like some of the stuff should have been covered at launch imo. Happy that they have implemented hexadecimal numbering for lines in the pattern view so at least patterns start at 0 and bar starts make more sense. With the decimal numbering starting patterns on the 1, I feel like tracking drunk sometimes trying to find an accustomed structure, numbers that are stuck from tracking over the years. 

• 1 month later...

Im very close to ordering one. I’ve been wanting a sampler for a while to capture riffs from my other hardware (and reverb/delay trails), but didn’t want to go back to digitakt, since it only made me want an octatrack again, which I can’t afford. This seems very closely matched to the digitakt functionality wise.

but it sure has been dead in this thread now that trackers are readily available. 

I don't care so much for the sampling aspect and the internal sounds capabilities (even they seem insanely powerful honestly), but now I started thinking about using it just as a standalone MIDI sequencer. And that because I have seen some people swear by the tracker interface being the fastest way to sequence things.

Does polyend support sending MIDI CC and PC to hardware gear? Is there anything like a MIDI arpeggiator or something like that?

I should probably just install a Renoise trial and use it to sequence - send MIDI to Live to see how it works out.

24 minutes ago, thawkins said:

I should probably just install a Renoise trial and use it to sequence - send MIDI to Live to see how it works out.

I think Renoise is a really nice MIDI sequencer. Somehow it feels like hardware to me.

• Like 2

i just ordered one. i need a sampler and this seems like kind of a weird combination of the op-1 and digitakt, both of which i've had and sold. i got tired of the digitakt because it just had too few parameters for me. on paper the tracker seems to have a lot more sound engine wise.

Here is my first cool one on the tracker. Got it yesterday. So far, I would say having a pretty versatile sampler with 8 voice polyphony and tons of deep sequencing options is pretty cool for the $600 price point. It also has midi and the midi chord effect, and they just added support for sampling while the seq is running, so you can resample gear that’s sequenced with the tracker. And, sampling FM radio is very op1 vibes.

Edited by sheatheman
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...