IGNORED

Kelly Lee Owens - Inner Song

Lada Laika

E1B5C276-1A49-4311-89EE-0B53D0D964D8.jpeg.bf692d1e4ec4c86a5cae9019a62c94e4.jpeg

https://kellyleeowens.bandcamp.com/album/inner-song

Convention-blurring techno producer/musician Kelly Lee Owens will release her second album, Inner Song, on May 1st via Smalltown Supersound. 

Alongside the announcement, she presents its lead single/visual, “Melt!” Inner Song finds Owens diving deep into her own psyche—working through the struggles she's faced over the last several years and exploring personal pain while embracing the beauty of the natural world. 

It's a leap in artistry from a musician who burst forth on the scene with a confident, rich sound, and is steadily enticing. Inner Song follows the 2017 release of her much lauded self-titled debut, as well as remixes of St. Vincent and by Björk, last year’s “Let It Go / Omen” 12”, and her recent collaboration with Jon Hopkins.

3 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Solid tune but I'm worried she's not going to have her vocals much on this release, still think this will be an interesting release, hopefully on par with her debut.

She had a couple vocal-less tracks on her debut, not sure if any of them were lead singles though.

• 6 months later...

Okay so I heard her because i was going through a Lou Reed revival, which led me onto Songs For Drella with John Cale which was really an old favourite covered in the cloak of time. Once again I’d blew the dust off that, I briefly went into solo Cale which isn’t really imo as great as Reed. Even though I was stunned to discover ‘Spinning Away’ which is a track (covered by a band that slips my mind) on The Beach OST (one of my favourite movie soundtracks) is by John Cale! Once I’d discovered this I then could see his latest track was called Corner Of My Sky with Kelly Lee Jones. A name I had never heard before. Wow I really liked thie superfluous beauty of this record!

Who is Kelly Lee Jones? Well I’ve been discovering her ever since. Wow! The first record is a sunflower of a grower and this her second is also I think in the highest echelons of my new discoveries.

Archived