IGNORED

Ableton clip launcher suggestions

Braintree

I've been using an APC40 for years, but my live set has begun to get a bit more complicated. I'm looking for a clip launcher (MIDI controller) for Ableton that has more than 8 buttons across in the grid. The APC40 has 8 horizontal and 5 vertical buttons, but I would need something more like 12 across. The Monome Grid looks like it could do what I want but it's $700 and looks like it will take a lot of installing shit to do something simple.

I literally only need to trigger clips. I typically don't use the faders or knobs. Any suggestions?

I think the "add another launchpad" solution will have a problem where the two launchpads will not be "in sync" i.e. you need to scroll both things together. Otherwise you end up with triggering clips from different scenes thinking they are the same scene but one launchpad is displaying one vertical area and the other is somewhere else.

I wish I could explain this better, but probably getting a small launchpad is the easiest solution.

I think isotonik have some nifty software for syncing several launchpads etc

Yes.

https://isotonikstudios.com/product/launchsync-series/

Archived