IGNORED

MOST IDM 2020 - OPEN CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

Soloman Tump

Someone from 2000 briefly takes a time machine 20 years into the future, and isn't made privy to the pandemic during his stay.

Sees people gorging on much faster data

Sees people looking at their mobiles, wearing headphones and not looking where they are going

Sees a lot of awkward failed handshakes and general anxiety

Sees less cars on the roads

Sees people keeping distance from one another

Sees people hoarding toilet paper

Sees no congregations of people, no discernible interest in sport, religion, social beverage chats, etc.

Sees no elderly people (have they been Logan Run'd? Do they just go full-digital recluse once their body is too painful to move about?)

Makes assumptions about technology's isolating, reclusive effect on social behaviours, reports this in 2000, and everyone thinks it sounds legit and measures are introduced as a result to counteract such tendencies.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Roo said:

Someone from 2000 briefly takes a time machine 20 years into the future, and isn't made privy to the pandemic during his stay.

Sees people gorging on much faster data

Sees people looking at their mobiles, wearing headphones and not looking where they are going

Sees a lot of awkward failed handshakes and general anxiety

Sees less cars on the roads

Sees people keeping distance from one another

Sees people hoarding toilet paper

Sees no congregations of people, no discernible interest in sport, religion, social beverage chats, etc.

Sees no elderly people (have they been Logan Run'd? Do they just go full-digital recluse once their body is too painful to move about?)

Makes assumptions about technology's isolating, reclusive effect on social behaviours, reports this in 2000, and everyone thinks it sounds legit and measures are introduced as a result to counteract such tendencies.

goes back to home timeline.. invents Black Mirror. 

4 hours ago, Roo said:

When I was a kid, I used to joke that being sent to my room/grounded was hardly a punishment lol. Being a bookworm who occasionally found my clingy friends annoying, I'd be lovin' it. Those prison movies where they just seem to read in their cell all day sounds like a holiday to me.

I was a well-behaved kid anyway and grounding wasn't really a thing in our household. If you did something really bad my father used to give a couple backside whacks with a bamboo stick.

Oh yeah, I would have loved this as a child. No school and no boring family visits? Just stay at home and play games, read books, watch movies, etc? Sign me the fuck up!

surprise Mixlr broadcast much to the fan's delight only to play old clips of news broadcasts and primus, screamo death metal that enhances pandemic feels

Racist pinatas loosely resembling the Rephlex logo filled with chow mein.

(Credit to Hugh Mughnous for posting the pic, and Dragon for making the IDM connection, and me for suggesting it be filled with chow mein.)
image.png.0f91a3ed17fb73508de14ae4d9271f65.png

On 3/19/2020 at 5:11 AM, ignatius said:

hacking your doorbell to be probability based so when pressed it only rings some times. you have a phone app to increase or decrease the probability that the doorbell will ring. obviously it's set to 0% probability 

removing the doorbell completely

removing the front door completely and bricking up the doorway

last options sounds suspiciously like how i played the sims back in the day

Archived