IGNORED

Will they get back to using hardware ?

d-a-m-o

28 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

I have a faint memory of this being asked in the AAA and them saying no but my memory is p fckd

yes, don't know why but it seems very unlikely IMO,  guess they got more freedom with softwares (but damn I'd like to hear what they would do with a cirklon and some modern digital synths and drum machines...)

Edited by d-a-m-o

43 minutes ago, yekker said:

I thought they were sponsored by Elektron? 

Maybe now theyre sponsored by Cycling74 or The North face

Edited by xox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The 100% software thing is not that big deal imho but I would like to see them using a new set of tools, their output from Exai onwards sounds sometimes a bit similar to my ears and I don't see how they would manage to make it sound new again, especially after releasing 8 hours of A++ material

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stock said:

The 100% software thing is not that big deal imho but I would like to see them using a new set of tools

They can create these tools in software. The only hardware they need is controllers for knob twiddling. I really don't see the point for them to use premade hardware instruments when a lot of their music's appeal comes from them using entirely newly created instruments that they made themselves.

• Like 2

I see the point of turning to max completely, in their case. I doesnt make much sense of using max as a normal synthesis enviroment, normal in a sense of  emulating hardware synths and sequencers. But if one manages to go beyond that, there’s no way one would go back to hw, bc the new territory is just too sweet to abendon it, to change it for a juno synth, machinedrum, akai or even something like octatrack. push the limits and be free!

- all end for hw

~newbound, suckers!

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xox said:

I see the point of turning to max completely, in their case. I doesnt make much sense of using max as a normal synthesis enviroment, normal in a sense of  emulating hardware synths and sequencers. But if one manages to go beyond that, there’s no way one would go back to hw, bc the new territory is just too sweet to abendon it, to change it for a juno synth, machinedrum, akai or even something like octatrack. push the limits and be free!

- all end for hw

~newbound, suckers!

Yes, that’s it, that’s why a return to hardware is pretty unlikely IMHO but who knows ? 

Maybe they will get the urge to touch knobs again, I know I do every now and then.

• Like 1