IGNORED

Will they get back to using hardware ?

d-a-m-o

As for gonk, compare it with runrepik, tuinorizn and oversteps tour stuff

Spoiler

As for spaces how V — it is from Rob itself as i asked about spectral resynthesis qualities and he answered like "it is just some experiments with G2's Vocoder module"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kausto said:

As for gonk, compare it with runrepik, tuinorizn and oversteps tour stuff

Reveal hidden contents

As for spaces how V — it is from Rob itself as i asked about spectral resynthesis qualities and he answered like "it is just some experiments with G2's Vocoder module"

cool bit of info, thanks. where did you ask this? chatmm?

20 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

They’ve never used hw

all the earlier stuff was done in a max patch that sent a bang backwards in time 

all of the observable universe is actually a running max patch that autechre will set up in 2084 for their 20th album anniversary "tooty"

Edited by MIXL2

• 1 year later...

why would they? i can imagine most of their max patches way surpass whatever hardware there is, especially considering how heavily its customized to their own needs. id also bet most of their oscillators filters etc are much more sophisticated than hardware synths, not even talking about sequencers..

• Like 2

Wasn't there some speculation about hardware being used on PLUS?  References to Deckard's Dream, (maybe) Juno 106, and of course the 808 sounds in marhide... which of course could be just samples but yeah.  I don't know much about being able to tell the difference so the only way to know would be to ask them.  As for why they would, the only possible answer would be "because they wanted to".

Edited by toaoaoad

10 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Wasn't there some speculation about hardware being used on PLUS?  References to Deckard's Dream, (maybe) Juno 106, and of course the 808 sounds in marhide... which of course could be just samples but yeah.  I don't know much about being able to tell the difference so the only way to know would be to ask them.  As for why they would, the only possible answer would be "because they wanted to".

i guess "because they wanted to" can very well be a legit reason. but i recall in one of the sign/plus interviews them mentioning (regarding what inspired the albums) "something weird always comes out of max"