IGNORED

Amorphous Androgynous - We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal (MPB Remixes) [RSD]

Vinyl release for RSD, good to see dual releases from them again this time.  Great to see Rabbit in the Moon listed, they're also Tampa/Clearwater guys like me, who are massive FSOL fans since the 90s.  I've seen them do some live remixes of FSOL at shows before.

IMG_2306.JPG

• Thanks 1

Other collaborators listed on the sleeve (including the alternate cover which appeared online a while ago):
Stoned Freshwaters - an amusing update of what is believed to be Brian's engineering name when it comes to Amorphous projects.
Peter Hammill - Van der Graaf Generator member featuring on the original track.
The Amorphous Androgynous - no idea who this bunch of reprobates are.
Paul Weller - plays piano on the track and maybe more.
Atomic Simao (Ukrainian band inspired by '60s psych rock and '90s electronic music)
Cobalt Chapel (British acid folk / '70s horror inspired duo featuring Jarrod Gosling from I Monster)
Regal Worm (Psych/prog project of the same Jarrod Gosling)
Higher Peaks (British indie/psych group featuring a member of Weller's live band)
Las Trompas De Falopium (Mexican psych-rock group. Name means 'fallopian tubes')
Future Children (American analogue electronics group)
Steve Cobby's Sweet Jesus (Mellow exotica project from the Fila Brazillia founder)
Flying White Dots (Mashup artist)
Richard E Further Out (American DJ & producer)

The 'album-length single' based around the track was originally due out this month, but they're still running on FSOL Time, which means we'll probably get it next June.

• Thanks 2

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Amorphous Androgynous - We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal (MPB Remixes) [RSD]
  • 3 weeks later...

1. Future Children - "The Lutine Bell"
2. Regal Worm vs The Amorphous & Dodginess - "Gunter & His Evil Soul Sacrifice Orchestra Play Black Mass A Gogo"
3. Cobalt Chapel - "Hymortality" (part 1)
4. The Amorphous Androgynous - "Physically I'm Here, Mentally Far, Far Away" (Excerpt)
5. Cobalt Chapel - "Hymortality" (part 2)
6. Las Trompas De Falopium - "Somos Inmortales Nos Persuadimosi"

7. Stoned Freshwaters - "Everything Is Easy With A Little Persuasion"
8. Atomic Simao - "Gravity Bong"
9. Richard E Further Out - "Our Dominion"
10. Steve Cobby's Sweet Jesus - "The Persuader"
11. The Amorphous Androgynous - "Synthony On A Theme Of Mortality" (part 2)
12. The Flying White Dots - "Counting Down The Time" (part 2)
13. The Cuckoo Clocks - "Tomorrow, Time & Immortality"

Lolled at 'The Amorphous & Dodginess'

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Anyone manage to cop this today?

Still waiting on the album length/longform single, crazy the remixes are out before the single - and the album, which I would hope will drop Spring 2021.

The FSOL "Cascade" Release is out ina week or so I believe..

33 minutes ago, sexagon hun said:

Anyone manage to cop this today?

Still waiting on the album length/longform single, crazy the remixes are out before the single - and the album, which I would hope will drop Spring 2021.

The FSOL "Cascade" Release is out ina week or so I believe..

Cascade was in store today

The multi-path single was originally due to be released before this, but then COVID got in the way... that said, they currently haven't even sent it off for manufacture so I get the feeling it wasn't going to have beaten this one even minus the pandemic. Was just looking over the AA album thread on the FSOLBoard and Gaz initially predicted it would be out by Christmas 2016. He's always been extremely optimistic about release dates. I honestly don't see the Immortal single and Listening Beyond the Head Chakra being out before 2021. 

Cascade 2020 CD will almost certainly be out next Saturday, as that's the earliest they can sell their own RSD stock on FSOLDigital. The digital and CD versions have appeared at the same time the last couple of years so I think that's your best bet.

The Rabbit in the Moon remix wasn't completed in time for the record to be pressed, but might still make it out some day which maybe hints at there being an expanded version at some point (maybe on CD? Gaz doesn't seem to be a big CD fan - the past couple of Amorphous RSD releases have been vinyl-only - but I suppose time will tell). 

• Thanks 1

Gaz said the new single (the multi path single) will be out in a few months, for real this time. He said it def will be out in 2020, so I assume the LP will follow in early '21

Wild the remix album came first, usually that would come after, so gonna prob wait till I've at least heard the actual song first, which I believe the song itself is as long as this remix album.

I'll prob grab Cascade too, know that'll be great.

18 hours ago, sexagon hun said:

Gaz said the new single (the multi path single) will be out in a few months, for real this time. He said it def will be out in 2020, so I assume the LP will follow in early '21

Wild the remix album came first, usually that would come after, so gonna prob wait till I've at least heard the actual song first, which I believe the song itself is as long as this remix album.

I'll prob grab Cascade too, know that'll be great.

Yeah, they're hoping for 'before Christmas'. Five paths, three of them are 13, 9 and 10 minutes, so it's going to be a long 'single'.

I've given this a spin, and it's really good, but I don't want to listen again until the original is out as otherwise I'm just going to be listening to it playing 'spot the part from the remix album'. 

• Like 1

"We are Immortal" is on the album, so is the album version the edited down one, and there's also the 50min+ long form version as well?

sorry just trying to get it all straight. Remix Album, Long Form Single and the actual album (LBTHC) - it's quite the project! Think I'll hold on the remix album until I hear the single which is nice to know it'll (hopefully) be out in Nov/Dec.

The track is 13 minutes long, and it'll be the first 'path' of the longform single, which will follow the format of '90s FSOL singles (Cascade, Lifeforms, My Kingdom, We Have Explosive) and '00s Amorphous mini-albums (Papua Translations, Mello Hippo Disco Show), ie an original track then variations on the theme (some looser than others).

14 hours ago, sexagon hun said:

"We are Immortal" is on the album, so is the album version the edited down one, and there's also the 50min+ long form version as well?

sorry just trying to get it all straight. Remix Album, Long Form Single and the actual album (LBTHC) - it's quite the project! Think I'll hold on the remix album until I hear the single which is nice to know it'll (hopefully) be out in Nov/Dec.

and an unreleased ver of Immortal was released first, with the Amorphous 2020 Calendar back in October 2019:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Amorphous-Androgynous-The-Amorphous-Androgynous-2020-Calendar-Bonus-Tracks/release/14297935

• 1 month later...

This should be out bye end of Nov or (more likely) early Dec - the album "listening beyond the head chakra" will follow next Spring.

This will be out digitally like all FSOL but also will come out as a double CD w the RSD remix album accompanied. I held off on listening to the Remix album because I wanted to wait to hear the Track its based off first, even tho that remix album is kinda its own thing, I still chose to wait..

Been waiting years for them to get this thing finished, funny how my newest movie also took years to get done and they both drop 1st week of Dec after both starting in 2016/2017 - Gaz dug the trailer so who knows, maybe a future colab in my next movie ha! Have always wanted either FSOL or Tangerine Dream (or Plaid) to score a scene or do the entire thing, the bigger my budgets get the closer I get to making that a reality one day..

Edited by sexagon hun
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, sexagon hun said:

This should be out bye end of Nov or (more likely) early Dec - the album "listening beyond the head chakra" will follow next Spring.

This will be out digitally like all FSOL but also will come out as a double CD w the RSD remix album accompanied. I held off on listening to the Remix album because I wanted to wait to hear the Track its based off first, even tho that remix album is kinda its own thing, I still chose to wait..

Been waiting years for them to get this thing finished, funny how my newest movie also took years to get done and they both drop 1st week of Dec after both starting in 2016/2017 - Gaz dug the trailer so who knows, maybe a future colab in my next movie ha! Have always wanted either FSOL or Tangerine Dream (or Plaid) to score a scene or do the entire thing, the bigger my budgets get the closer I get to making that a reality one day..

67ACF312-2251-4667-84A9-5452269514B4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7667.jpg

We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal
Synthony On A Theme Of Mortality
Hymortality
Psych Recap
The Immortality Break
Physically I'm Here, Mentally Far, Far Away

LP out 20th November. 2CD pack of both LPs should be out around the same time.

So glad we'll get this before years end so they can concentrate on getting the Album (Head Chakra) out hopefully by Summer '21

Waited to listen to the Remix Album until I had heard this (well, track 1 at least) so gonna listen to both in 3 weeks when Immortal drops..

I genuinely thought this was the album. Turns out it's a companion/prelude EP. And this EP also had a remix 12" that was released BEFORE the EP even dropped?

Yeah, this whole thing is a little convoluted for sure, heh.

• Like 1

https://www.juno.co.uk/artists/The+Amorophous+Androgynous/

Looks like the CD editions will be two separate releases. Given the last couple of times they've done two simultaneous releases (The Cartel, Environment 6/6.5), I'm wondering if there'll be a 2CD slipcase pack available from FSOLDigital. CDs will be out on the same day as the vinyl, 27th November.