IGNORED

Plone - Puzzlewood

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't 2 of the guys leave and it's just 1 guy now? I remember hearing about some 7" post-Warp and it was just 1 of the guys using the Plone name. Either way more Plone is always great. Their Tricky Disco cover makes me smile.

I'm not impressed. Sounds like standard Ghostbox stuff (that I'm getting tired of now). Lately, all that label sounds like is some music algorithm fed with the label's back catalogue - the same tired clichés over and over again. </moaning_old_git>

Still have huge respect for 'Beginner Piano'. Glad they found a way through personal tragedies and are carrying on.

10 hours ago, fumi said:

I'm not impressed. Sounds like standard Ghostbox stuff (that I'm getting tired of now). Lately, all that label sounds like is some music algorithm fed with the label's back catalogue - the same tired clichés over and over again. </moaning_old_git>

Still have huge respect for 'Beginner Piano'. Glad they found a way through personal tragedies and are carrying on.

Never listened to a Ghostbox release before, so this isn't a problem for me :)

"It’s compiled from material recorded at various points since the “lost second album”, right up to the present day."

Can someone confirm if these tracks are the same as those floating around @ soulseek ten years ago or so?

14 hours ago, fumi said:

Can't disagree with the idea that Ghost Box has become pretty stale. Toitoitoi and Pye Corner Audio were enjoyable but that's about it in the past 4 years.

Haven't heard of Plone (shamefur dispray) but liking what I hear albeit somewhat generic. Putting on Beginner Piano as we speak and music like this sure sounds better if you think you're in the nineties, experiencing these trends for the first time or so.

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

time to update that plone fan site !

warpnet.png

I saw there is a new Jimi Tenor compilation of unreleased Warp era stuff.

3 hours ago, mcbpete said:

I thought the stuff floating on slsk a decade or so ago was 'Lost second album'

i.e. this bad boy: 

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/48886-the-2nd-plone-album/

On 3/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, fumi said:

It really, really doesn’t. It really, really doesn’t. And, I’m not sure they did. But here’s to more Plone! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived