IGNORED

Plone - Puzzlewood

9 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Ghost Box saying physical release delayed indefinitely, but digital release will go ahead as scheduled to help Plone with some income.

does the preorder date remain the same?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

listened to this: it's okay. the first half was definitely more interesting than the first. there are a few tracks that sounded to me more like video game tracks which removes it from the children's library music aesthetic. 'the model village' is probably my favorite track as it has a nice disorientating bouncy rhythm, and 'red kite' has a chilling wobbly feel to it- but the rest of the record isn't as well defined. 

On 4/14/2020 at 6:18 PM, Nebraska said:

listened to this: it's okay. the first half was definitely more interesting than the first. there are a few tracks that sounded to me more like video game tracks which removes it from the children's library music aesthetic. 'the model village' is probably my favorite track as it has a nice disorientating bouncy rhythm, and 'red kite' has a chilling wobbly feel to it- but the rest of the record isn't as well defined. 

Just heard it too. The two tracks you mentioned are indeed probably the best. It feels to me as if GhostBox are trying to shoehorn Plone into their label. I don't think it works as while this album is a fairly pedestrian selection of quirky (almost chip tune quality) tracks, it's a million miles away from the kind of creepy, haunting 70s nostalgia that the label once offered. That's more a reflection on GB than Plone. Also, if you're a fan of Beginner Piano, this will be disappointing - at least it was for me.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Extralife said:

Perfect soundtrack to long sessions of Animal Crossing...ha.

Neat interview, too.

A friend is obsessively playing AC, she sent me QR codes for some nice Zelda clothing if ur interested.

Archived