IGNORED

Track ID for disengage track?

Sam

• 5 months later...

It's Datathief. Brian Flanagan commented in the YT video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huslqo2x2qQ&t=38s) i'll transcribe it here:

'This is one of the 1st 2 demo tracks datathief put out, not autechre, but thanks for the complement. we recently reissued a ton of old stuff on bandcamp, https://datathief0000.bandcamp.com/album/recovered-data unfortunately this demo was passed up by skam, so its lost, apart from this recording - the other track on the demo was also played on disengage.'

we've got our answer, finally coz it was bugging me, such a great track

also such a pity the boys lost it

17 minutes ago, amad said:

It's Datathief.

Wouldn't have guessed, and I'm as big a Datathief fan as there is. There aren't that many Datathief or Gique tracks to go around, and my definitive favourites are the finished version of Advanced Social Engineering off BBC & MTA: Miami Internal Affairs (The Investigation) and Gique's Device Rider off Device Rider - you can hear it as the last track on my 2003 electro mix Pollen. Neither have been released in digital. All mentioned labels - BBC aka Beta Bodega Coalition, MTA aka Mass Transit Records and Device are highly recommended.

17 hours ago, dcom said:

Neither have been released in digital.

I just had to check my own claim, and I was wrong: Advanced Social Engineering off the MTA & BBC EP is on the Beta Bodega Coalition CD compilation Psychological Operations In Guerilla Warfare; Gique's Device Rider is, alas, vinyl only.

Thanks for turning me onto this. I'm a big fan of Schematic & Chocolate Industries. For some reason, I wasn't as aware of Beta Bodega until the mid-to-late aughts, and have only really read about MTR in passing, so I'll enjoy checking all this out.

29 minutes ago, Mic Finger said:

For some reason, I wasn't as aware of Beta Bodega until the mid-to-late aughts, and have only really read about MTR in passing, so I'll enjoy checking all this out.

Beta Bodega has reactivated on Bandcamp during the past couple of years after a longish hiatus, check out the sister labels like Botanica del Jibaro and Rice and Beans, too, there's more of them and they cater to some very specific styles. MTA, alas, has been defunct since 2003, but all the seven vinyl-only releases are very highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, dcom said:

Wouldn't have guessed, and I'm as big a Datathief fan as there is. 

Second pressing of Datathief's Recovered Data limited edition, truly essential material. If you buy the cassette, you'll get download codes for two extra tracks. 

Archived