IGNORED

Gabor Lazar - Source

Nil

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

This catches my ears better than the stuff from Unfold

no CD?

I don't really get the politics of P-Mu about that, deciding not to issue a CD for some a really small part of their releases.

Edited by Jafs
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, Jafs said:

I don't really get the politics of P-Mu about that, deciding not to issue a CD for some a really small part of their releases.

Why this release though.... FUCK 

Track is really growing on me

Edited by thumbass

On 3/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, Nil said:

@thumbass 

saw him live in 2018 and it was actually decent, basically unfold but ravable, but this ones loads worse imo. kinda like ILS with the same hihat over it for the whole thing.  this is just FM lorenzo senni. only good bit of this is the last 10 mins ?

still gunna check source out tho

9 hours ago, thumbass said:

Why this release though.... FUCK

I thought the same thing at the announcement. Even if I listen mostly to the flac files I'm extracting when getting the CD, this is the physical format I tend to prefer (and LPs for new releases are way too expensive since 10-15 years, even if it's not the main reason).

8 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

saw him live in 2018 and it was actually decent, basically unfold but ravable, but this ones loads worse imo. kinda like ILS with the same hihat over it for the whole thing.  this is just FM lorenzo senni. only good bit of this is the last 10 mins ?

I feel the music on Unfold was made to be functional stuff and this works perfectly as it is. Modern robotic funkiness. And with those extra textures and details which are making it really lush and enjoyable for repeated listens.

The end of his show I attended in Saint-Etienne in november showed a really now approach, with rythmic patterns more watered down into the mix, still with devastatig effects. That first track for the incoming album still sounds like to what is showed on Unfold, but relying on what he said on his Instragram post from a few weeks and those specific parts on his live setup, I guess we can expect something different.

• Like 2

+1 to what my friend Jafs just said. Purchased the vinyle instantly, even though I might never listening to the LP on wax (yeah I know...).

The Saint Etienne set was mind-blowing, properly lush computer funk. Loving the BR set as well. I'm immensely fan of that super utilitarian, club ready take on sound-design driven material. ILS is a fascinating listening when it comes to sheer synthesis and timbre centric composition, but I gel with his most recent work much more. Can't relate with the Senni comparison though, even if I love most his material as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New track, Excite, released : 

Finally !!!

I've listened to that one compulsively countless times (it's in his Boiler Room set). Absolutely killer.

Edited by Nil
Replacing BC player by SC, more convenient here.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:17 PM, thumbass said:

This catches my ears better than the stuff from Unfold

no CD?

Finally the CD is up for pre-ordering along all other formats on the usual suspects (Bleep, Boomkat, ...)

But not on the P Mu Bleepstore ?

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2020 at 10:35 AM, Jafs said:

Finally the CD is up for pre-ordering along all other formats on the usual suspects (Bleep, Boomkat, ...)

But not on the P Mu Bleepstore ?

And finally removed from everywhere. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Disappointed as well. As much as I love the 3 preview tracks, the rest of the LP sounds super samey on first listen. For instance, the live version of Focus had those pads that made the track super lush : where are they ?

2 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Flicked thru earlier as well. It is obviously very clean, tight, polished and well put together; but not something that i'd revisit frequently. I'd love to hear it on a banging system tho!

The only real standout for me on first blush is "Phase". It takes me back to '06 or so when Vex'd and Tipper were getting dirty with the bass. Anyway, I think pumping that one through a juiced Function One would cut you up like tuna at the sushi bar

• 2 weeks later...