IGNORED

Die Antwoord - House of Zef

Nah, but it's safe to assume that not a single track qualified for being some kind of favourite of mine. No 1 is nice. Relatively. The first track was really hitting me hard in an offputting kind of way. I passionately hate boring, generic trap stuff which feels like done by some 13 y-o FL Studio producer kiddo.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not very good, nor was the last album. The first 3 albums (plus Max Normal TV and Constructus Corp) were all good times but they've moved away from fun ravey stuff to dull trap beats. 

Time for Die Antwoord to go away and a new project to emerge. The lyrical well has been empty since Tension. I miss the clever raps of the early releases. 

It's not very good, nor was the last album. The first 3 albums (plus Max Normal TV and Constructus Corp) were all good times but they've moved away from fun ravey stuff to dull trap beats. 
Time for Die Antwoord to go away and a new project to emerge. The lyrical well has been empty since Tension. I miss the clever raps of the early releases. 
totally agree. new album, and the previous one are pretty boring. they just don't have "the magic" or whatever of their earlier stuff. they got too big, it's always the way.

17 hours ago, chronical said:

i'm a bit tired of their afrikaans gangster things tbh

I'm very tired of gangster things in general. I'm totally uninterested in them introducing new and unknown gangstas. Gangster shit is boring af.

Archived