IGNORED

Support Artists During Covid-19 Pandemic on Bandcamp

Nebraska

To raise even more awareness around the pandemic’s impact on musicians everywhere, we’re waiving our revenue share on sales this Friday, March 20 (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time), and rallying the Bandcamp community to put much needed money directly into artists’ pockets.

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-covid-19-fundraiser

• Like 2

Good initiative!

one thing though, this pacific time thing. Would have been lovely if the rest of the world could join in their own timeframe. Would think that bandcamp would have a bit more international mindset. Now I have to check when, because my friday doesn't match with the other side of the planet. European Saturday early morning? That pacific friday might be mostly sleeping time, ffs.

I’m planning on putting out my new album early & discounting my whole discography for this. Well worth supporting any artist rn, because most of us are unable to work. 

I’ll post links to friends’ bandcamps on Friday as well. 

@ganus time to drop Childish 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Buy my shit please 

Give us your artist or label page links everyone, it's a good cause and a way we can support artists and each other right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Man, this caught on quick, I got like 15 new release alerts in the past 30 minutes.  People are thirsty, throw them some $$ 

picked up the new Heartwood Institute collab myself, no more budget for physicals after that for a while.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, Lada Laika said:

I’m planning on putting out my new album early & discounting my whole discography for this. Well worth supporting any artist rn, because most of us are unable to work. 

I’ll post links to friends’ bandcamps on Friday as well. 

@ganus time to drop Childish 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'm working! So I don't need the $$, but I will definitely be keeping an eye on what folks are publishing! 

I fucked up and misread the announcement on twitter and bought someone's discography on Wednesday ? loool

Edited by ganus

I’m a compulsive Bandcamp shopper, so if you need suggestions : http://bandcamp.com/nilhartman

The top of the list is a bit crowded b/c of a recent sub to CO-DEPENDENT, but if you scroll down you’ll find more diversity.

Of course you can buy my stuff too (http://nilhartman.com redirects to my BC, Ellipses might appeal to the WATMM braindance aficionado), and you should definitely check @Stickfigger´s

Edited by Nil
  • Like 1

If you haven't already, check out Holiday Sidewinder's Forever or Whatever. One of the very best pop albums to come from an Australian, and has collaborated recently with the similarly tongue-in-cheek likes of Kirin J. Callinan & Alex Cameron. Although she has a few actor parents like Aden Young, Claudia Karvan & Loene Carmen, so might not be as precarious as some others right now.

Edited by Roo

Australian Bushfire Compilation (Part 1) | Touched Music

(ghost) - 10.42 AM 06:08    
Ard Bit - Mornicle 05:00    
Arkless Grey - Atone 03:28    
Ben Fowler - Amber Skyline 02:33    
Bersarin Quartett - Und die Welt steht still (2020) 06:00    
BLN - Square (2019 version) 05:59    
Broke One - Action Reaction 03:58    
Broken Chip - Camphill 04:08    
Csaba-Houdek_&_RNGMNN - Dilmano Dilbero 01:38    
Daisuke Tanabe - Suna 04:35    
exm - autVIP 12:18    
Floating Spirits - Unknown to You (Nonima Remix) 05:21    
Foxtail - Thorn 02:52    
Gang Violins - Greater Forces 03:09    
Generate - Spirit 03:48    
Ivan Shopov feat. Ace - Reaction 02:51    
Julien Mier - Yanagin 04:09    
Lucinate - Angel Fire (Pre-Apocalyptic Anxiety) 03:50    
Maarten Vos - Harmonic Forrest 05:17    
Maps and Diagrams - Retrospection 04:47    
Marric - Inherited 03:29    
OdNu - Incognito 05:09    
Polycorn - Duifscheur 05:33    
Purl - Airports 05:48    
Rawakari - Yellow Fog 04:26    
Recue - Bitter 05:16    
Roel Funcken - Regn Byxor 04:12    
Sk'p - Blue Sun Orange Ice 05:41    
Sofus Forsberg - Pjarken Stejler 06:32    
Sound Synthesis - To Lewis 03:59    
The Ghost Of 3.13 - Cursed Ashes 05:31    
The Third Man feat. Ace - Bridges 04:21    
WHRK - Palais Du Theatre 01:53    
Wisp - Ioanwd 04:42    
Yage (FSOL) - Despite 03:08

sahel sounds is offering 'name your price' on their entire discography. only thing i've purchased from them is uchronia

if you're unfamiliar with them, it's a label that focuses on experimental music from west africa eg. this bollywood inspired west african soundtrack

https://sahelsounds.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

All the Perala's Spectrum, Hiele's Melodie 2020, Gabor Lazar's track off the Lapsus compilation, Catarina Barbieri's live recording, Kindohm and Renick Bell's releases on Outlines.

I'd have bought more if I hadn't spend that much prior to that, on BC I mean.

• Like 1

/confessional. i gave a few bucks to the new nameyourprice patrick holland release (below)... then i proceeded to open about 50 tabs of other music i wanted to support, then very quickly felt too poor to "pick" which artist to support.. Bandcamp doesnt tend to do regional pricing (not sure if its an option, compared to steam where it is?) which means that relative to wages in mexico, music releases cost at least ~4x more for me than they did in the USA.  And when finances are fairly tight I cant justify throwing 10usd at each release.

https://patrickholland.bandcamp.com/album/reality-picture

Yeah I bought some stuff.  Some CPU records stuff, a modular set from Lomond Campbell (whose stuff is brilliant) and the new Pye Corner Audio thing.

this whole situation is desperate for artists really.  

• Like 1