IGNORED

New Album (x2) announced (ish)

perunamuusi

I’m betting onesix is today or tomorrow at the latest

Im hoping the two albums prepped are a little more edited down and more like proper albums instead of 8+ hours but if they are more long form stuff, I definitely won’t complain as it sounds like the sound palette will be different from the last several years. So, bring it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 2

3 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

yeah, albums won't be released before this corona thing is somewhat sorted out, I think. but onesix should come soon

But how can Corona affect a digital relase? 

We will see but I hope something new sounding stuff. ?

25 minutes ago, cern said:

But how can Corona affect a digital relase? 

We will see but I hope something new sounding stuff. ?

onesix is likely digital only so it's all up to Sam and Rod to release it when they want to, not directly related to COVID stuff probably? (coordinating with tDR for artwork it seems, but that's all digital still. maybe tDR will do some tshirt/poster/whatever physical designs with the art too but that's not necessary ofc or could be done later)

Warp will be responding to vinyl/etc physical release manufacturing concerns related to COVID stuff, so it could push back their slated releases in a bit of a domino effect. or it could not effect planned releases at all. as a label of a pretty decent size and stature they're not likely to release an album digitally months before the physical versions/merch are available. it's possible and it's been done before but i assume it effects the sales of the physical at least if not the overall sales digitally as well? and also touring often coincides with new material, so that could part of the calculus there too

• Like 3

some details from the mixlr-chat that i haven‘t read here (found over at ILM, already a week old or so):

Autechre :

pretty sure warp are going to want to do a physical release so the date = ? 

but the stuff is done, by pure coincidence a few weeks ago, at the moment we're living with it and tidying up tiny things, but not touched it in 2 weeks so it's basically done 

rob and i were both thinking of bringing it sooner but idk 

need to talk to warp 

was orig planned for late this year/early hext 

also seven onesix recordings drop in less than a month

Paperbag raita (ledge), Monday, 23 March 2020 10:21

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I dont think Warp is gonna be losing a penny if they are releasing and delivering physical releases after the digital release. 
People are still hunting old physical AE albums on vinyl and so on. 

But their business ofc. ? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NED said:

some details from the mixlr-chat that i haven‘t read here (found over at ILM, already a week old or so):

Autechre :

pretty sure warp are going to want to do a physical release so the date = ? 

but the stuff is done, by pure coincidence a few weeks ago, at the moment we're living with it and tidying up tiny things, but not touched it in 2 weeks so it's basically done 

rob and i were both thinking of bringing it sooner but idk 

need to talk to warp 

was orig planned for late this year/early hext 

also seven onesix recordings drop in less than a month

Paperbag raita (ledge), Monday, 23 March 2020 10:21

late this year or early next year? I reeeeeeeally hope Warp moves that up. 

• Like 1