IGNORED

VHS Head - Phocus (out 7th April 2023)

YELLOW

11 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Just spoke with Ade — the album is basically done, and will hopefully be coming out this side of 2020. He's eager to get it released so he can get to work on new stuff again.

36 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Just spoke with Ade — the album is basically done, and will hopefully be coming out this side of 2020. He's eager to get it released so he can get to work on new stuff again.

Looking forward to seeing the artwork!

Even if it's as simple as most of his releases. Love the vibe.

Edited by xyrofen

I spoke with him briefly on Twitter a couple weeks back and can confirm the album is pretty much done and he's hoping for a 2020 release.

As far as I can tell the title is "Phocus"

We're lucky to have new AE and OPN on the way but a new VHS Head would really be the icing on the cake.

https://www.vhshead.com/phocus

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

And now it's really sick ravey-breakbeat. If anyone knows what this actually is, I'd love to know because this is the shit I adore.

I'm now aware that this is the one day a year that my little subtitle makes complete sense without extra context.

Edited by xyrofen

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone have any kind of update on the new record release date? Seems like he completed the record in Spring last year, so it's been a year long wait! This guy's music is up there with the likes of Ae/Afx/BOC.

I spoke with Ade a couple of weeks ago, no release date yet. Music is ready, Ade's itching for it to be released so he can decompress and make new stuff. Trust me, he's as eager for it to be released as we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Burger 1

14 minutes ago, KovalainenFanBoy said:

It's only been 14 months since the last skam release they need some time

At this rate the album will be avail as freeware when it finally releases 

• Haha 1

I am guessing he needs Skam for help with the physical release of a record. I know nothing about record sales but if digital outperforms physical anyway, why not self-release with no help from Skam? I am sure he has a large enough fan base to do OK with self-releases but I could be wrong.