IGNORED

VHS Head - Phocus (out 7th April 2023)

YELLOW

There are some sounds in the mix that to me sounded familiar, like the source of a sound here and there from known tunes. It was cool. The whole day was. First Amks live I was able to actually catch live in ages. Such a great way to spend the day. :::grateful:::

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WurstPLUS said:

Somewhere he wrote "Time for a fourth album" - but there's only 2 yet, can someone explain? VHSH caught my interest.

he's had the third completed for quite a while, it's just been held up in production for quite some time because SKAM is SKAM, and so i'd assume he was talking about starting to work on the next one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2022 at 2:58 PM, fumi said:

@oscillik Can you remember one of his rarer pieces that had a sample from 'The Burning Bed' (1984)?

I'm not too massively great at recognising samples like this! I have heard my fair share of rare VHS Head stuff though, so I probably have heard the track you're referring to

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In case anyone missed this, new track called "Shoes For Dinosaurs" from the Phocus album debuted on this SKAM radio special. Maybe we'll see the new album before the end of 2022?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0019q26

Starts around 52 minutes or so...

Edited by YELLOW
  • Like 2

Please, MDX, I want to throw money at VHS Head releases. It cannot be that difficult to do a digital release with a forthcoming physical as an "eventually" pre-order if that's the desired release style.

Let me buy the man's damn music.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, thumbass said:

I wonder if it'll ever release, I'm kinda doubtful tbh. Skam really comes across as a dead label.

i'm assuming they've had vinyl production and/or money issues since COVID...who knows what a label/people are going through tho. feels a little crass to speculate. 

weird that they've been surprisingly active with the AMKS live stuff while not putting out any releases...but they've been on a one-a-year schedule for quite a while before that too. probably just keeping it going as a side/legacy thing at this point. the AMKS stuff has been great tho! they should probably just offer a paypal link when they do those or something.

the worship of vinyl by the consumers is the real problem. but what can ya do  :catsob:

Spoiler

See the source image

On 2/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, oscillik said:

Great compilation of rare stuff, to tide us over whilst we wait for the new stuff

don't think i'd listened to this mix, pretty nice.

• Like 2