IGNORED

4utechre (Ae twitch.tv)

IOS

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean said it would be the end for now, until he learns some new cool unexpected technique worth sharing with us and experimenting with.

I guess the question is what he can take from audience as input next. If he won't find any new input source from audience/video stream then probably this is really the end

On 5/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, neurone said:

yeah you're totally right . paparazzi would be if you sneak into his personal life, wich is not the case. i was stupid. (though it was almost a joke in a way)

anyway thanks I'm the first to be happy to read it

well, actually, albeit as a joke, you raised a question that I asked myself first. Where does the limit lie between legitimacy and excess? Well, I said to myself that twitch chat is almost an extension of watmm's AAA-Ask Autechre Enything thread, with the difference that what is written ends up being lost. From this perspective it seemed acceptable to "steal" some conversation fragments and post it here as long as the fragments contained information of collective interest

man, you're all ok to me. i guess you and me have had the same question about it and we ended having the same awnser .

and obvioulsy i guess Sean knews that everything he would say on the twitch chat might be reported by fans, if it was a problem for him we would not even came to chat in.

as the chat history is lost, load of fans here will be happy to read your report.

What a mensch. That was some serious fan service in the chats. I cracked up when uviol8 skrrrrrt'd in the middle with "yeah, good, ok, how did you do All End?" 

?

• 3 months later...

In this yt channel there is a luxurious archive from the time of the quarantine. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTT0vlMwVw6VqUjUimhP7JQ
In this video there is also a philosophical hazard with nihilistic tones, which through language suggests us not to use language for the understanding of life. A deliberate antinomy or an accidental contradiction? 

(it sound a bit like parakowsky's bulshit :cerious: )

(what the fucking fuck i wrote in the previous post? it's always hard to face with what I've been just before)

On 5/15/2020 at 5:43 AM, Draft78 said:

fffreddy_: You think you might incorporate some Jitter stuff into your future albums/live sets?
Broadcaster4utechre: No plans to use any of this yet I only started messing with jitter a few weeks ago and this OpenGL stuff last week
Broadcaster4utechre: But am having loads of fun
fffreddy_: Using the Twitch chat as textures for the models was an A+ idea
Broadcaster4utechre: It’s how we did the confield sleeve. Rob did some videos, the sleeve was a still from one of them, made same way, video textures mapped onto little objects
Broadcaster4utechre: I wasn’t really messing with video back then but rob did some cool stuff

Sorry to dig up this almost-ancient thread, but this is a good example of something that I've found interesting in recent interviews (over the last five or so years). It wasn't too long ago (and may have been part of the AAA discourse) that Sean said something to the extent of "we never reveal who does what," which historically mostly seems true in interviews and the like, but practically as soon as he made that statement, this policy seemed to change. There was a nice talkthrough from Rob about L-Event shortly after where he described various bits of his input on the EP, and now there is a lot of "I" in talk of live set creation, NTS, etc. Has anyone else noticed this trend? I think it's interesting, and it perhaps sheds a bit more light on the creative process and what comes from where. Maybe there's an increased desire to explain methods and the origins of their output? Just a thought...

3 hours ago, Mic Finger said:

Sorry to dig up this almost-ancient thread, but this is a good example of something that I've found interesting in recent interviews (over the last five or so years). It wasn't too long ago (and may have been part of the AAA discourse) that Sean said something to the extent of "we never reveal who does what," which historically mostly seems true in interviews and the like, but practically as soon as he made that statement, this policy seemed to change. There was a nice talkthrough from Rob about L-Event shortly after where he described various bits of his input on the EP, and now there is a lot of "I" in talk of live set creation, NTS, etc. Has anyone else noticed this trend? I think it's interesting, and it perhaps sheds a bit more light on the creative process and what comes from where. Maybe there's an increased desire to explain methods and the origins of their output? Just a thought...

Sean said in AAA that most of their tracks are "solo"s. At the time this really surprised me; every track seemed consistently "autechre" that it could only be the result of some real-time mind-meld. 

Yet ever since then I've increasingly found myself trying to guess whether a given track is "Rob's" or "Sean's". And I often feel like I can identify two differing styles within a given album. As an example, simply because I've been revisiting it lately, here are my guesses on EP7:

Rpeg - Rob

Ccec - Sean

Squeller - Rob

Left Blank - Sean

Outpt - Sean

Dropp - Rob

Liccflii - Sean

Maphive 6.1 - Rob

Zeiss Contarex - Sean

Netlon Sentinel - Rob

Pir - Rob

As a general rule, the tracks I've identified as Rob's are more liquid sounding, overtly melodic, and rhythmically loose. The tracks I've identified as Sean's are more sonically dry, melodically cryptic, and rhythmically tight.

This could be totally bullshit! 

37 minutes ago, joseph said:

Sean said in AAA that most of their tracks are "solo"s. At the time this really surprised me; every track seemed consistently "autechre" that it could only be the result of some real-time mind-meld. 

Yet ever since then I've increasingly found myself trying to guess whether a given track is "Rob's" or "Sean's". And I often feel like I can identify two differing styles within a given album. As an example, simply because I've been revisiting it lately, here are my guesses on EP7:

As a general rule, the tracks I've identified as Rob's are more liquid sounding, overtly melodic, and rhythmically loose. The tracks I've identified as Sean's are more sonically dry, melodically cryptic, and rhythmically tight.

This could be totally bullshit! 

Looks pretty apt from what we know of their stylistic preferences/priorities. I'm sure that different albums/works have different ratios, but Sean said that about 1/3 is full-on collaboration and the other 2/3s are solo (albeit with varying degrees of direct/indirect contribution from the other half of Ae). I also suspect that (and feel like I may have read something to the effect of) the number of solo(-esque) tracks having increased in recent years with distance, working methods, but that may not be the case.

2 hours ago, Blir said:

Spaces How V is Rob. Confirmed by Sean.

Same with Gantz Graf. 

Pre-AAA tho, i recall Saddam describing Iera off Untilted as his work. And in AAA of course tac Lacora (while M39 Diffain is Rod's one).

Arguably you can ascribe all of the known tracks included in the recent mixlr skim-over as Saddam's (recks on, acdwn2, eastre, feed1, elyc9 7hres, the hip-hop part and stretchy bouncing melodic one of onesix liveset, trancey chords one of 14-15 live, probably others i missed while skipping thru)

Archived