Jump to content

4utechre (Ae twitch.tv)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4utechre: Tbh it’s the same jam I just left it running 4utechre: Have fun enjoy the outside fffreddy_: I figured you'd have taken the stream down by now to make changes 4utechre: Not too m

lol

4utechre : hey thanks for watching the same track all day

Posted Images

haha nice.

I wonder if all audio comes from the (glitched)  video, or if the program randomly adds a kick drum sometimes.

it seems all from teh vids, as it qwitches along with the images.

and the audio is pitched down we get those sort of low kicks from bits of original sound i guess.

.......well....yeah obvioulsy

it reminds me of a friend that once made a live (audio + video) show, using samples of mainstream "catastrophe / action"  movies, using only the violent bits (earthquakes, explosions, screams, shots, etc..the very noisy bits) then he made a pure data patch that was triggering the samples in resolume (irrc) like chopped hard, with repeats, the result was a blasting syncoped hardcore techno sound with a very oprressive video clip. great on a full volume PA ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

“There was a big culture of taking acid and staying in at the time, instead of doing E and going out,” Booth said. “We were more into that, hanging out and getting weird, hearing the way weird things sounded weird. We were doing stupid stuff like plugging a TV into an effects unit and then running it off a drum machine and watching telly.”

From a 2015 interview... 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-autechre-20151119-story.html

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

this time the channel has not disappeared: in the clips section there is a selection of devastating moments. It would be nice if someone could download them: I have no idea which program could do it, otherwise I would try

https://www.twitch.tv/4utechre/clip/AcceptableAmericanLobsterKreygasm?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, neurone said:

haha nice.

I wonder if all audio comes from the (glitched)  video, or if the program randomly adds a kick drum sometimes.

it seems all from teh vids, as it qwitches along with the images.

and the audio is pitched down we get those sort of low kicks from bits of original sound i guess.

.......well....yeah obvioulsy

it reminds me of a friend that once made a live (audio + video) show, using samples of mainstream "catastrophe / action"  movies, using only the violent bits (earthquakes, explosions, screams, shots, etc..the very noisy bits) then he made a pure data patch that was triggering the samples in resolume (irrc) like chopped hard, with repeats, the result was a blasting syncoped hardcore techno sound with a very oprressive video clip. great on a full volume PA ?

There's definitely a pre-made kick added in a randomised pattern, in time with when the bursts of audio are triggered, giving it a consistent rhythm. At least, that's how it was while I was tuned in. I was listening for about an hour yesterday (while doing other things) and at some point the kick suddenly changed into a more 808 style one, and that was the only noticeable change of the whole thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not only added kick drums, but also different types of "snares" (rather quiet and non-invasive ones), the percussion is added from outside the sources undoubtedly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

There's not only added kick drums, but also different types of "snares" (rather quiet and non-invasive ones), the percussion is added from outside the sources undoubtedly.

 

21 hours ago, Omikron said:

There's definitely a pre-made kick added in a randomised pattern, in time with when the bursts of audio are triggered, giving it a consistent rhythm. At least, that's how it was while I was tuned in. I was listening for about an hour yesterday (while doing other things) and at some point the kick suddenly changed into a more 808 style one, and that was the only noticeable change of the whole thing.

yeah, Omikron and Amen Lare,  you might be right about the added generated kick and percs, now that i think about it

i've been back listening to it after seeing your posts, and yes the kick sound comes across different vids with the same sound. barely changes.

...and now i can't manage to stop watching this ?   it's hypnotic  haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ignatius said:

8 hours of...

 

I've taken to watching this in bits now during meal time at home. Should last me til fall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been dipping in and out all afternoon.

Its a melding of old tv commercials, bbc documentaries / news, old UK and US shows (spotted Miami Vice, Police Squad, Blake's 7), weird kids shows, hip hop and electro live footage.

Stuttering, layering, kicks, melt to infinity, blend in new, mix, proper LSD head fuck,

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timbre monke said:

I've taken to watching this in bits now during meal time at home. Should last me til fall.

it sounds like an 8 hour version of weirdly pitch shifted time stretched deco Loc

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had it on for a few hours on Saturday. Oddly pleasing for how chaotic it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been more than one session of these? The one in the 8 hr YouTube video is a bit different to the one that just aired, the most recent one had more blending and fading between the videos. Maybe the patch is being altered and improved?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ignatius said:

it sounds like an 8 hour version of weirdly pitch shifted time stretched deco Loc

Yeah somebody in the Ae subreddit said the same thing yesterday. It's like super-extended deco Loc sans heavy kick drums.

I wonder how they pulled it off though. They must have come up with some automated process for all of the TV shows and commercials they collected, because it would be far too time-consuming to be done manually.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...