4utechre (Ae twitch.tv)

5 hours ago, timbre monke said:

Yeah somebody in the Ae subreddit said the same thing yesterday. It's like super-extended deco Loc sans heavy kick drums.

I wonder how they pulled it off though. They must have come up with some automated process for all of the TV shows and commercials they collected, because it would be far too time-consuming to be done manually.

I suspect jitter, which is the video module within max/msp. Same thing weirdcore uses for Aphex Twin Collapse 69 video and live show visuals. At one point during the first stream the cursor moved and a Mac task bar came down revealing the title of the video stored as a .avi. One of the guys must have a massive collection of this stuff which jitter automatically reads from the directory. jitter is programmed to select a random video > loop random segments in a rhythmic fashion > layer multiple video-rhythms.

• Like 1
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4utechre: Tbh it’s the same jam I just left it running 4utechre: Have fun enjoy the outside fffreddy_: I figured you'd have taken the stream down by now to make changes 4utechre: Not too m

lol

4utechre : hey thanks for watching the same track all day

Posted Images

well this is neat.  unmistakably similar to the patch used to process the vocals on deco loc but different and with mutant video i/o.  kinda hurts my brain but also appreciate it

im going to put on exai and just watch the vid

Edited by markedone

yes it is, nothing like this played so far. and with the racecar game seems to be a joke on their comment about playing their patches being like making cars fly upside down

people speculating it's whatever is being shown controlling the music somehow? idk 

Just now, MIXL2 said:

people speculating it's whatever is being shown controlling the music somehow? idk 

The music stops precisely when the screen goes black. 

1 minute ago, joseph said:
3 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

The music stops precisely when the screen goes black. 

when there is little stuff going on it sounds like a more organized loop, so the visuals mess w it somehow maybs? idk

1 minute ago, MIXL2 said:

when there is little stuff going on it sounds like a more organized loop, so the visuals mess w it somehow maybs? idk

There was one transition where it went black - music stopped. Then some text appeared  and a particular "element" of the track appeared. Then some video of the cars appeared in the corner and the high pitched smeared sound came in. (At least this is how I remember it.)

Wut The hell i can’t focus anymore on ae live 16/18 !

this shit is funky

A little skamey maybe, gescom related ?

• Burger 1

Hard to pinpoint, but I'd swear there's some spl47, splesh and 2005 live stuff in there

hell yeah i used to love trackmania

dont remember it having this good of a soundtrack :rhubear3:

Edited by markedone
  • Thanks 1

lol still going.  my theory is that they simply needed footage with constant movement to feed into a music patch> trackmania is functional in that regard as the car is always fixed center-camera but the area just next to it constantly changes in color and motion

Edited by markedone