IGNORED

Modifying single note velocity

user

I swapped out my midikeyboard for a slightly less shitty one (m audio axiom) but according to my ears and midi monitor the middle B key plays at double the velocity from the rest. Tried a few different velocity curves but this does not make any difference, the B key is always way louder than the rest.

So I started searching for something that filters out note numbers and allows to compress/curve just these single notes. I kind of expected there to be a max for live device that would allow this easily but I've tried a couple of things that looked like they might do it but none of them do. Faffed about with MidiPipe for a bit but for some reason the note filtering doesn't work as expected so all notes are affected. Opened up the keyboard in the hopes of finding some dirt or something under the key but a whole bunch of very thin, hard to reach, fragile looking ribbon cables prevented me from actually getting to the keybed.

Does anyone have any idea if there's a ready to go tool that will fix this issue? My last resort would be trying to build a m4l device myself but I really don't want to right now, I just want to play some sentimental piano ditties.  I'm on osx using live suite.

You can put a MIDI effect rack with two chains: one for the messed up note that contains a Velocity effect, and the other chain that just passes through all the notes. You can select from the rack configuration what note numbers go to what chains, right? ?

I did something like this for being able to re-pitch note MIDI coming from my Yamaha drum pads so I could "re-tune" the pad to go to the correct drum rack pad using the Pitch effect.

Beautiful, thanks. This sounds really retarded but I remember thinking about that and then continuing a hot google pursuit for a m4l that would do this.

This is just one of those cases where our hyper advanced minds are extremely certain that there just can not be a simpler solution to a problem.

Even reading the thread the 1st time I started thinking hey we can make a convoluted Pure Data patch and load it into Live through this wrapper thing before I figured out that none of this is actually necessary. ?

23 hours ago, thawkins said:

This is just one of those cases where our hyper advanced minds are extremely certain that there just can not be a simpler solution to a problem.

Even reading the thread the 1st time I started thinking hey we can make a convoluted Pure Data patch and load it into Live through this wrapper thing before I figured out that none of this is actually necessary. ?

Ha! Well said, my hyper advanced mind causes all kinds of stupid ?

Your solution worked a charm btw, cheers!

Archived