kaagecover.jpg

https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/humanoid-kaage-ep/

01 – KAAGE (05:15)
02 – Static Objective (04:07)
03 – Aennuiosk (04:44)
04 – Event Null (04:29)
05 – Void Over (03:10)
06 – LoadedMethod (03:44)

It's a lot less acid than other Humanoid stuff, much more IDM. Really good stuff. Digital is 50% off as part of the FSOLDigital sale. Rumours of a 12" to follow at some point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brisk said:

FSOL, I love you, but I really wish you would move over to Bandcamp already

I support this wish! Possibly would make life a little easier for all involved. Not sure how much money Bandcamp will claim. But the cost of having current site up and running must be similar, I'm guessing.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, goDel said:

I support this wish! Possibly would make life a little easier for all involved. Not sure how much money Bandcamp will claim. But the cost of having current site up and running must be similar, I'm guessing.

As someone who had their own hosting/site before Bandcamp (and sometime during) I'd say moving everything to BC still works out much much cheaper, especially once you earn enough to be on the 10% revenue share. Honestly, BC taking a 10% share is more than reasonable for the quality of life upgrades they bring. No more messing around with host cpanel's, store modules and making sure everything is tagged properly etc.. Just upload, add info, done.

It also brings all the users on the BC platform to your attention too. Much easier for fans to be notified of new releases by people following you etc..  A no-brainer really IMO. Oh and they'd actually let people hear the tracks before they buy! That's kinda important, I think.

As forward thinking as FSOL are/were, they are often held back by their net-boomer stuck in the 90's mentality.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, purlieu said:

kaagecover.jpg

https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/humanoid-kaage-ep/

01 – KAAGE (05:15)
02 – Static Objective (04:07)
03 – Aennuiosk (04:44)
04 – Event Null (04:29)
05 – Void Over (03:10)
06 – LoadedMethod (03:44)

It's a lot less acid than other Humanoid stuff, much more IDM. Really good stuff. Digital is 50% off as part of the FSOLDigital sale. Rumours of a 12" to follow at some point.

Thanks for the heads up (with both, release and sale). Also grabbed Built By Humanoid Digitals for the bonus ep....finally

1 hour ago, brisk said:

As forward thinking as FSOL are/were, they are often held back by their net-boomer stuck in the 90's mentality.

They're so staunchly DIY I think they just like the idea of having their own site.

That said, Brian did ask me about Bandcamp in the past so it's something they have considered / are considering - I recommended it as a very good alternative to self-hosting. So maybe they'll go down that route. 

Here's a clip they uploaded to Facebook: 

• Like 2

Please point Brian to Brisks post. If that's not a convincing argument, I don't know what is.

He should at least consider only putting this new EP up on Bandcamp. To test how it works and more importantly, the amount of extra exposure the Bandcamp platform will provide. Sounds like a no-brainer to me, tbh. Just try. Discard if not happy. Embrace if positive.

edit: i'll wait a bit before buying stuff as it's way more interesting for me to buy it at bandcamp. i hate the current download counter on fsoldigital. that means i need to save everything locally. with bandcamp, i can always count on the cloud to be available as an archive.

Edited by goDel
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Turns out the 12" I was thinking of ended up being the Future: Turned EP instead. There are so many FSOLDigital releases that desperately need a physical version, though.

• Like 1