IGNORED

Condolences to Richard for losing his dad

Time Tourist

I just want to offer my sincere condolences to Richard for losing his dad. Aside of anything else he posted which you may or may not agree with, losing a family member is tough. 

My own father is going through a battle against lung cancer and can't imagine the pain of losing him, even though I know sooner or later I will have to face it. 

So, Richard hope you are okay and wish you all the best and thanks again for all your great music! 

Edited by Time Tourist
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

I enjoyed that clip of him talking about the old tin mines of Cornwall. All the best Richard--gonna play "Father" in his honor.

• Like 1

I lost my dad 20 years ago to bone cancer. He was fit, strong, lived a healthy life and that disease destroyed him in a very short time.

Rest In Peace.

• Like 1

I was under the impression this was Rich's personal thing and little hush hush but for what it's worth, my condolences too.

7 hours ago, xxx said:

I enjoyed that clip of him talking about the old tin mines of Cornwall. All the best Richard--gonna play "Father" in his honor.

I believe it was this, right?

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, chronical said:

These kinda posts are weird to me

Yeah, maybe people don't remember but there was a thread on this when it happened and it was deleted out of respect.

Nevertheless, RIP.

• Like 1

Maybe because Time Tourist is experiencing a similar chain of events he felt the need to say something, possibly an emotional reaction, so don't be too critical.

I can see why such a topic would be deleted though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beer badger said:

Maybe because Time Tourist is experiencing a similar chain of events he felt the need to say something, possibly an emotional reaction, so don't be too critical.

I can see why such a topic would be deleted though.  

There was certainly that aspect to the reason of the post, but also the fact that other people were just focusing on the other part of the message and nobody even mentioned the fact about his father. Found that very strange for a forum that has been supporting the artist for years and years. But I must admit I didn't know there was a same post that had been removed. In my experience, when losing someone close to you it hurts more when people don't talk about it then when people do, even if it is just a few words on a forum. The last thing you want is people just skidding over it. 

• Like 2

So far, this thread has been respectful and hasn't gotten weird - the previous thread was a bit too stalker-ish, so out of respect for Richard we removed it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what Time Tourist was thinking when he started this thread but this should have been deleted immediately. Appalling lapse of judgement. 

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

5 hours ago, reapersquush said:

Damn. this is shit. My condolences to Richard.

*I hate to ask this now, but what are these controversial statements Time Tourist is talking about?

We don't need to sully up what has been a nice thread so far and pick on someone who is clearly still in mourning over the loss of a loved one.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

hey all, just joined this site and found this thread ha. my dad died tonight - sorry to join the morbid convo - but getting a lot of solace from these forums and listening to blue calx, tha and stone in focus a lot right now - seems to capture the immensity of the situation. Look after your loved ones all - nothing is forever. peace X

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

@kev_belfast1
Sorry to hear about your loss, man. Those 2 tunes are definitely special. Something about them really captures a magic about life that is indescribable. 

I also lost my dad about 5 years ago and it was a challenging experience. The one thing I can say is that after, I would see him in dreams and it felt real. When you see your dad in dreams, I know it will be comforting to be with him again. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4