IGNORED

Resye

• 3 weeks later...

Did your record all those? If so where was it recorded?
I like the music very much, especially the little clicks going from ear to ear. How did you make those? I love how they sound. The bass is also very nice and punchy. Excellent stuff. I do not like how it just cuts out.

Hi !

I enjoyed the music especially the drum passages with sizzling TV effect and the dark end but with the notes of light. Well done for your realization! I saw your second video on Youtube too, continues to produce and develop this creativity. As you also seem to be leaving on video content I allowed myself to detail my thoughts on your production ;

I love your paradoxes between nature and concrete / civilization. The writings on the supports too, I find that the more careful and inscribed in the structure, the better it is for the authentic side of the images. For the vision of open-air landfills, personally I find them too raw compared to the rest.

The scene with the passage of the people (framing their feet) is excellent, especially with the current events ; and in addition it detonates with the empty but cluttered areas of the previous scenes. Concerning the part of the drawings I think that stalling the images on the drums shots (even if it means splitting the videos into several pieces and making them return the necessary time of the passage) could energize and make crescendo this moment.

Well done !!

I didn't anticipate so much enthusiasm :), thanks a lot, let me respond to you in the right order :

On 4/30/2020 at 9:26 PM, KingBo0 said:

Did your record all those? If so where was it recorded?
I like the music very much, especially the little clicks going from ear to ear. How did you make those? I love how they sound. The bass is also very nice and punchy. Excellent stuff. I do not like how it just cuts out.

What do you mean by "did you record all that ?" ? Do you ask if i used  recorded sounds or do you ask if i produced theses tracks ?

Then, yes i produced the music, in my bedroom with a laptop and ableton. The clicks were generated with Operator, following Monolake's recommandations. I use drumracks and basicly use pan, nothing specialy hard to do here. Check this video out if you want :

Bass is also Operator. Sorry for the cut... I didn't have enough images so i decided to cut it raw like this.

9 hours ago, odyriin said:

Hi !

I enjoyed the music especially the drum passages with sizzling TV effect and the dark end but with the notes of light. Well done for your realization! I saw your second video on Youtube too, continues to produce and develop this creativity. As you also seem to be leaving on video content I allowed myself to detail my thoughts on your production ;

I love your paradoxes between nature and concrete / civilization. The writings on the supports too, I find that the more careful and inscribed in the structure, the better it is for the authentic side of the images. For the vision of open-air landfills, personally I find them too raw compared to the rest.

The scene with the passage of the people (framing their feet) is excellent, especially with the current events ; and in addition it detonates with the empty but cluttered areas of the previous scenes. Concerning the part of the drawings I think that stalling the images on the drums shots (even if it means splitting the videos into several pieces and making them return the necessary time of the passage) could energize and make crescendo this moment.

Well done !!

Thanks for your detailed comment, the other video was shot and edited by a friend of mine, it's his work, so yeah it's more professional, even tho we didn't shot it in a professional way, we did it for the fun of it, he knows i'm a broke-ass boy and he proposed me to do that for free. It was a way for him to be able to have fun as well, as he had the whole liberty to edit it the way he wanted. ?

About "dès lors", I appreciate your comments, it's true that images could be more synced with the sound, i edited this video on a old imac, it was my first experiment with premiere, and i realized it needed way much more patience that i imagined, I will go back to video at some point (i have a new computer as well), it's very interesting to do but yeah, it needs a lot of patience.

- Resye

Operator... In Ableton I also find some good sounds ! ?

You're welcome, I tried to be as constructive as possible. As I said, this is my point of view so always keep in mind to take only what interest you. Even if it's for fun (and great ones are made by this way !), you never know which production will please to your audience ! And by practicing it will be easier to be faster on your video edit, as you are now with your tracks.

Keep doing it and share your universe, we stay tuned ?

Nice one to produce all by yourself. And now with the technology and no stuff we can easily have an emergence solution for our medias, with our phone for example you can already have good images.

If you're near or in Paris maybe you can go into Urbex places with abandonned houses etc, with graffitis and garbages of time : I think you could find your hapiness and show us great visual creations with your own music !

I like it, especially the last third of the track when that last melody kicks in. The track has this dubby grime sort of feel to me, maybe quite UK influenced but I could be wrong. It does sound a but too simplistic for my taste though I have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 7:48 PM, Hyperfrequence said:

i like it, specially the melodies/harmonies... the beat could go somewhere else though, or maybe it's because they're too much further back, i wold bring them upfront in the mix, maybe some sidechaining them with the melodies would also work...

On 5/14/2020 at 7:28 PM, Tim_J said:

i like it, specially the melodies/harmonies... the beat could go somewhere else though, or maybe it's because they're too much further back, i wold bring them upfront in the mix, maybe some sidechaining them with the melodies would also work...

I agree with that, i listenned to it on other monitors than mine and it appears that drum are sub-mixed, i like it that way anyway !

Here's some other tracks :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQmSOJZVqjQ&list=PL22l9_nUAMKK5CIwWu5b7Pf_oYYZIg1xc

You can clic on the link, it's a playlist with 7 tunes released on ballacid and "les disques confinés", a french initiative during quarantine.

- Resye

• 3 weeks later...

Archived