IGNORED

Any protools geeks here?

bendish

1. rather than using batch fade dialogue (ctrl f) is it possible to select multiple clips and using fade handles on all clips, change fades? - can't believe PT doesn't have this

2. is it possible to set timeline selection to edit selection using a shortcut - just trying to auto loop a selection with a shortcut

3. when horizontal zooming, is it possible to keep center of edit selection as central anchor of zoom, rather than left most timeline selection?

thanks

I guess batch fade requires milliseconds to be defined rather than just going by visuals

and I have no idea how long the fades should be in milliseconds 

yea going through key commands bit by bit - used to be able to do all this - have totally forgotten though

On 4/16/2020 at 10:07 AM, bendish said:

1. rather than using batch fade dialogue (ctrl f) is it possible to select multiple clips and using fade handles on all clips, change fades? - can't believe PT doesn't have this

2. is it possible to set timeline selection to edit selection using a shortcut - just trying to auto loop a selection with a shortcut

3. when horizontal zooming, is it possible to keep center of edit selection as central anchor of zoom, rather than left most timeline selection?

thanks

1.  Isn't this just a function within batch fades?  I'm sure there's an option that says "override current/previous fades" or somesuch?

2. If you've selected something then hit 4 on the keypad as that scrolls through playback options.  You'll see the play button on the transport add a loop icon.  That way when you play a selection it'll automatically loop.  If you don't have a keypad keyboard (i.e. the extra numbers on the right hand side, I'm there's there's a way for Pro Tools to recognise when you press 4 on the top row if you press fn and 4 or something.... I've forgotten.  The numbers 1-5 across the top row are different zooms)

3. It could fuck with how you view but Options > Edit Window Scrolling > No Scrolling.  Then anywhere you click as soon as you start to zoom then it'll center itself.

Pro Tools lover over here and proud!

10 hours ago, b born droid said:

1.  Isn't this just a function within batch fades?  I'm sure there's an option that says "override current/previous fades" or somesuch?

2. If you've selected something then hit 4 on the keypad as that scrolls through playback options.  You'll see the play button on the transport add a loop icon.  That way when you play a selection it'll automatically loop.  If you don't have a keypad keyboard (i.e. the extra numbers on the right hand side, I'm there's there's a way for Pro Tools to recognise when you press 4 on the top row if you press fn and 4 or something.... I've forgotten.  The numbers 1-5 across the top row are different zooms)

3. It could fuck with how you view but Options > Edit Window Scrolling > No Scrolling.  Then anywhere you click as soon as you start to zoom then it'll center itself.

Pro Tools lover over here and proud!

Thanks I'll try these. Definitely need a number pad keyboard for memory locations and window configs. 

The fade option you mentioned isn't there - still can't select clips and apply fades with handles to multiple clips simultaneously.

9 hours ago, bendish said:

Thanks I'll try these. Definitely need a number pad keyboard for memory locations and window configs. 

The fade option you mentioned isn't there - still can't select clips and apply fades with handles to multiple clips simultaneously.

I'll try to remember to look at the batch fade options when I get into work on Monday, don't have PT at home unfortunately.  I swear what you want to do is in there somewhere.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:58 AM, bendish said:

What version of Pro Tools do you have because that is definitely an option on mine (if I've understood correctly what you want to do).

497194882_Bildschirmfoto2020-04-22um14_31_12.png.1a80ca4cabd75ffb5f18953b0ff1bb0f.png

Sorry it's in german, but for all the fade in / crossfade / fade out sections the 2nd and 3rd options are:

Adjust the shape and slope of existing fade-ins (Form und Steilheit bestehender Fade-Ins anpassen)

Adjust the length of existing fade-ins. (Länge bestehender Fade-Ins anpassen)

3 hours ago, b born droid said:

What version of Pro Tools do you have because that is definitely an option on mine (if I've understood correctly what you want to do).

497194882_Bildschirmfoto2020-04-22um14_31_12.png.1a80ca4cabd75ffb5f18953b0ff1bb0f.png

Sorry it's in german, but for all the fade in / crossfade / fade out sections the 2nd and 3rd options are:

Adjust the shape and slope of existing fade-ins (Form und Steilheit bestehender Fade-Ins anpassen)

Adjust the length of existing fade-ins. (Länge bestehender Fade-Ins anpassen)

Thanks for trying! What I mean is: can I grab some clips in the edit window and adjust the fade handles of those clips simultaneously without opening the batch fades dialogue?

image.png

Thanks for trying! What I mean is: can I grab some clips in the edit window and adjust the fade handles of those clips simultaneously without opening the batch fades dialogue?

image.png.037597b8e41d1b001fd01fe6179aab10.png
I don't think so. The simultaneous bit is batch fades. If that makes sense.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

Archived