IGNORED

Capitalist Bootlicker thread

chenGOD

In here we post aspirational objects that can only be obtained by exploiting the proletariat and the means of production.

Two from me:

The Audi RS6 Avant Wagon (specifically in this colour):

spacer.png

This thing does 0-60 in 3.5, has space to take the fam camping, has that incredible Audi handling and it's beautiful (it will also consume huge quantities of dead dinosaurs). $109K US.

The other object of my material desire is an original Eames lounge chair and ottoman.

spacer.png

At first I was like $6K for a chair? But after you sit in one you're like damnnnnnnn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, goDel said:

Your fucking pension

animaatjes-pensioen-49855.jpg

Whose pension?

19 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

audi r8 would be pretty cool though

The R8 is incredibly fun to drive, and if I didn't have family, that's what I'd get.

50 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

The other object of my material desire is an original Eames lounge chair and ottoman.

spacer.png

At first I was like $6K for a chair? But after you sit in one you're like damnnnnnnn.

A-fuckin-men, this is on my list too, probably at the top tbh. I almost bought one but my wife would've killed me. Maybe after we get new rain gutters and shit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Whose pension?

Mine! You do you. ?

So I was wondering, if everyone in a counrty has a pension and a right to one, would that stop people from being capitalist bootlickers? I need to know in case I come across an anti-capitalist edgelord without making an ass of myself.

thx

11 minutes ago, goDel said:

Mine! You do you. ?

So I was wondering, if everyone in a counrty has a pension and a right to one, would that stop people from being capitalist bootlickers? I need to know in case I come across an anti-capitalist edgelord without making an ass of myself.

thx

I thought you were after my pension! Lol

i think the answer to the question you pose is yes, but it could also be maybe no. I think the answer really depends on the type of boots we’re all licking. 

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Whose pension?

The R8 is incredibly fun to drive, and if I didn't have family, that's what I'd get.

I enjoyed just sitting in my rich friend's r8 and revving it a couple times lol.

I assumed pensions are a collective investment, btw. Especially in western (capitalist) countries. But I suppose that could differ from countries to countries. 

But the whole notion of capitalism is a bit rubbish, imo. One Corona pandemic and the most extreme capitalists are shouting for anti capitalist solutions. There's a difference between societies behaving in a capitalist way and societies being capitalist. It appears it mostly depends on the context. It looks to me the average western capitalist society can flip in an instant to a centralized model. And back again, of course. If the situation allows it. Also interesting to see how debt suddenly becomes a non-issue. Good to see lives matter more when things become urgent.

• Like 2

A diamond covered submarine with a jacuzzi in it. Stocked with fine wines and a hologram of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka giving you inspirational advice/insider trading tips. 

• Haha 1

I bought a coin pouch recently - best $10 I ever spent.  Sure, my pockets can hold change, but why not spoil myself a little?  I'm sure it's held far more than $10 in change by now.  Imagine holding $1000 in a coin pouch that only cost you 10?  Yowza!

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I enjoyed just sitting in my rich friend's r8 and revving it a couple times lol.

I used to valet cars in vancouver, this one guy would park his r8 every day at the hotel cause he worked close by. I never took it for a joyride, but it was one of the few times I was tempted...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goDel said:

Your fucking pension

animaatjes-pensioen-49855.jpg

My grandfather in Colombia has worked since he was 14, he will officially recieve his pension once he turns 120 years old.

(no joke btw)

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, goDel said:

I assumed pensions are a collective investment, btw. Especially in western (capitalist) countries. But I suppose that could differ from countries to countries. 

But the whole notion of capitalism is a bit rubbish, imo. One Corona pandemic and the most extreme capitalists are shouting for anti capitalist solutions. There's a difference between societies behaving in a capitalist way and societies being capitalist. It appears it mostly depends on the context. It looks to me the average western capitalist society can flip in an instant to a centralized model. And back again, of course. If the situation allows it. Also interesting to see how debt suddenly becomes a non-issue. Good to see lives matter more when things become urgent.

I mean I assume that all pensions are collective investments, even from smallish companies.

I don't agree - they are shouting for anti-capitalist band-aids, but they're not looking to upend the whole system. All "capitalist" systems that exist have some degree of centralization to them anyway - regulators are all centralized agencies, even in the US. There are no "true" free markets in any real sense (at least none that matter), that is, markets that react solely to economic stimuli without any intervention/regulation from the government.

Debt is still an issue, it's just getting deferred to a later date - banks aren't going to suddenly let property owners with a mortgage off the hook (I wish they would!), even if they are allowing a grace period due to the pandemic.

I dunno, it's 3 AM and I'm rambling, the only thing i see the COVID-19 pandemic doing is widening the wealth gap, as the poor are largely getting hit hardest due to the types of work that are being done in by the "quarantine" measures.

• Like 1

The thing about debt being an issue though, is that it stops being an issue when people decide it's not an issue. It's a prime example of a manmade problem. Man created it. Man can solve it. By choice.

I mean, it's there for a reason. But when in need of a so-called "anti-capitalist band-aid" it will disappear like snow in a summer sun. It will be back, of course. Because, obviously the system has some purpose. But that doesn't mean we can't escape it within the existing system. If "the world" decides to completely forget about currents debt, but keep the system and pretend nothing happened in the current year, don't be surprised. In that case it will just be like starting from zero again. Just because we can. Because that's the "system" we live in.

We owe a ton of money to China. Fuck paying them though. I think that should be our mission, actually. Just make everything in America so everyone can get a job and then just enjoy never, ever paying China for shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

9 minutes ago, Candiru said:

We owe a ton of money to China.

“When you owe the bank a thousand dollars, you have a problem. When you owe the bank a million dollars, the bank has a problem”.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

“When you owe the bank a thousand dollars, you have a problem. When you owe the bank a million dollars, the bank has a problem”.

This is great news. Let's pull a chew n' screw on China. 

34 minutes ago, Candiru said:

We owe a ton of money to China. Fuck paying them though. I think that should be our mission, actually. Just make everything in America so everyone can get a job and then just enjoy never, ever paying China for shit. 

Economic nationalism is the way forward. Nationalise the lot. It's good for the environment too I guess, better off making things you can make at home, and only importing stuff you can't grow/make, rather than importing vegetables/ fruit that can easily be made in your own country and having to ship/ fly it then bring it by lorry.

What are some dope things you can do with that camera? I know nothing about cameras. Could you film a surreal art-house cult masterpiece with that bad boy?