Jump to content

Capitalist Bootlicker thread


chenGOD
 Share

Recommended Posts

In here we post aspirational objects that can only be obtained by exploiting the proletariat and the means of production.

Two from me:

The Audi RS6 Avant Wagon (specifically in this colour):

spacer.png

This thing does 0-60 in 3.5, has space to take the fam camping, has that incredible Audi handling and it's beautiful (it will also consume huge quantities of dead dinosaurs). $109K US.

The other object of my material desire is an original Eames lounge chair and ottoman.

spacer.png

At first I was like $6K for a chair? But after you sit in one you're like damnnnnnnn.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, goDel said:

Your fucking pension

animaatjes-pensioen-49855.jpg

Whose pension?

19 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

 audi r8 would be pretty cool though

The R8 is incredibly fun to drive, and if I didn't have family, that's what I'd get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

The other object of my material desire is an original Eames lounge chair and ottoman.

spacer.png

At first I was like $6K for a chair? But after you sit in one you're like damnnnnnnn.

A-fuckin-men, this is on my list too, probably at the top tbh. I almost bought one but my wife would've killed me. Maybe after we get new rain gutters and shit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Whose pension?

Mine! You do you. ?

So I was wondering, if everyone in a counrty has a pension and a right to one, would that stop people from being capitalist bootlickers? I need to know in case I come across an anti-capitalist edgelord without making an ass of myself.

thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, goDel said:

Mine! You do you. ?

So I was wondering, if everyone in a counrty has a pension and a right to one, would that stop people from being capitalist bootlickers? I need to know in case I come across an anti-capitalist edgelord without making an ass of myself.

thx

I thought you were after my pension! Lol

i think the answer to the question you pose is yes, but it could also be maybe no. I think the answer really depends on the type of boots we’re all licking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Whose pension?

The R8 is incredibly fun to drive, and if I didn't have family, that's what I'd get.

I enjoyed just sitting in my rich friend's r8 and revving it a couple times lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assumed pensions are a collective investment, btw. Especially in western (capitalist) countries. But I suppose that could differ from countries to countries. 

But the whole notion of capitalism is a bit rubbish, imo. One Corona pandemic and the most extreme capitalists are shouting for anti capitalist solutions. There's a difference between societies behaving in a capitalist way and societies being capitalist. It appears it mostly depends on the context. It looks to me the average western capitalist society can flip in an instant to a centralized model. And back again, of course. If the situation allows it. Also interesting to see how debt suddenly becomes a non-issue. Good to see lives matter more when things become urgent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A diamond covered submarine with a jacuzzi in it. Stocked with fine wines and a hologram of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka giving you inspirational advice/insider trading tips. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a coin pouch recently - best $10 I ever spent.  Sure, my pockets can hold change, but why not spoil myself a little?  I'm sure it's held far more than $10 in change by now.  Imagine holding $1000 in a coin pouch that only cost you 10?  Yowza!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I enjoyed just sitting in my rich friend's r8 and revving it a couple times lol.

 

I used to valet cars in vancouver, this one guy would park his r8 every day at the hotel cause he worked close by. I never took it for a joyride, but it was one of the few times I was tempted...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, goDel said:

Your fucking pension

animaatjes-pensioen-49855.jpg

My grandfather in Colombia has worked since he was 14, he will officially recieve his pension once he turns 120 years old.

(no joke btw)

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, goDel said:

I assumed pensions are a collective investment, btw. Especially in western (capitalist) countries. But I suppose that could differ from countries to countries. 

But the whole notion of capitalism is a bit rubbish, imo. One Corona pandemic and the most extreme capitalists are shouting for anti capitalist solutions. There's a difference between societies behaving in a capitalist way and societies being capitalist. It appears it mostly depends on the context. It looks to me the average western capitalist society can flip in an instant to a centralized model. And back again, of course. If the situation allows it. Also interesting to see how debt suddenly becomes a non-issue. Good to see lives matter more when things become urgent.

I mean I assume that all pensions are collective investments, even from smallish companies.

I don't agree - they are shouting for anti-capitalist band-aids, but they're not looking to upend the whole system. All "capitalist" systems that exist have some degree of centralization to them anyway - regulators are all centralized agencies, even in the US. There are no "true" free markets in any real sense (at least none that matter), that is, markets that react solely to economic stimuli without any intervention/regulation from the government.

Debt is still an issue, it's just getting deferred to a later date - banks aren't going to suddenly let property owners with a mortgage off the hook (I wish they would!), even if they are allowing a grace period due to the pandemic.

I dunno, it's 3 AM and I'm rambling, the only thing i see the COVID-19 pandemic doing is widening the wealth gap, as the poor are largely getting hit hardest due to the types of work that are being done in by the "quarantine" measures.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing about debt being an issue though, is that it stops being an issue when people decide it's not an issue. It's a prime example of a manmade problem. Man created it. Man can solve it. By choice.

I mean, it's there for a reason. But when in need of a so-called "anti-capitalist band-aid" it will disappear like snow in a summer sun. It will be back, of course. Because, obviously the system has some purpose. But that doesn't mean we can't escape it within the existing system. If "the world" decides to completely forget about currents debt, but keep the system and pretend nothing happened in the current year, don't be surprised. In that case it will just be like starting from zero again. Just because we can. Because that's the "system" we live in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We owe a ton of money to China. Fuck paying them though. I think that should be our mission, actually. Just make everything in America so everyone can get a job and then just enjoy never, ever paying China for shit. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Candiru said:

We owe a ton of money to China.

“When you owe the bank a thousand dollars, you have a problem. When you owe the bank a million dollars, the bank has a problem”.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

“When you owe the bank a thousand dollars, you have a problem. When you owe the bank a million dollars, the bank has a problem”.

This is great news. Let's pull a chew n' screw on China. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Candiru said:

We owe a ton of money to China. Fuck paying them though. I think that should be our mission, actually. Just make everything in America so everyone can get a job and then just enjoy never, ever paying China for shit. 

Economic nationalism is the way forward. Nationalise the lot. It's good for the environment too I guess, better off making things you can make at home, and only importing stuff you can't grow/make, rather than importing vegetables/ fruit that can easily be made in your own country and having to ship/ fly it then bring it by lorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are some dope things you can do with that camera? I know nothing about cameras. Could you film a surreal art-house cult masterpiece with that bad boy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By mngosx
      I didn't get bitten by the streaming bug 'til I tried out Apple Music around 6 months ago; I tried Spotify and the lot but didn't really get into it cus of the bad interface (+ ogg vorbis). Once I found out that Apple Music had seamless integration with their library and your local library + tag editing I was hooked, the convenience of this platform has made it almost impossible to go back to my 100% local library. The question that's been biting me ever since has been, "Is this moral?" not only is Apple (and every other streaming service) paying artists close to nothing, but also technically restricting the user's freedom with DRM.
       
      Are streaming services further contributing to the corporate control over the music industry by shafting indie labels and individuals in the name of convenience? Do they cheapen the art form? Is any of this morally acceptable? 
×
×
  • Create New...