IGNORED

Capitalist Bootlicker thread

chenGOD

7 hours ago, drillkicker said:

No, idem clearly said it was a splinter, not the whole thing.  There are fragments of the True Cross all around the world (mostly in churches and monasteries).

It would be interesting how many actual crosses you'd get if you glued all those splinters together. Dozens? Hundreds? I've no idea.

https://bleep.com/release/203903-kraftwerk-kraftwerk-essential-bundle

Honestly, at this point, Mr. Hütter is just milkin' it, plus we all know black vinyl sounds best, plus I have all of their albums, plus the German versions are sold out already ... and yet, and yet ... ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lately, I've been coveting a Porsche 944. I've wanted one of these since I was a little kid and I can afford one, but boy are they hard to find.

Porsche-944-Turbo-1.jpg

1474050_acf569d4e2-1140x600.jpg

On 1/3/2021 at 5:24 AM, Braintree said:

Lately, I've been coveting a Porsche 944. I've wanted one of these since I was a little kid and I can afford one, but boy are they hard to find.

Porsche-944-Turbo-1.jpg

I would strongly recommend not doing this unless you have unlimited money and patience. I have a few mates that have bought 80s classics which have gone on to become a massive burden. 

(they rust, everywhere)

I reckon just see if you can rent one for a day or two and get it out your system?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

I would strongly recommend not doing this unless you have unlimited money and patience. I have a few mates that have bought 80s classics which have gone on to become a massive burden. 

(they rust, everywhere)

I reckon just see if you can rent one for a day or two and get it out your system?

You're not wrong. I've heard they're money pits. Luckily, I have a garage, so it wouldn't be out in the rain. It's more about fulfilling a long held desire more than the actual car itself now that I'm financially stable.

3 hours ago, Braintree said:

You're not wrong. I've heard they're money pits. Luckily, I have a garage, so it wouldn't be out in the rain. It's more about fulfilling a long held desire more than the actual car itself now that I'm financially stable.

then you might as well find a turbo model. 

• Burger 1

The cars my mates had were specifically a Jag xjs and a Mercedes 300sl, both mid late 80s, both kept in garages. They basically both rotted/rusted away. Maybe Porsches from that time were built different? Or maybe they just both bought duffers.

The Jag was fookin amazing when it worked though

On 1/3/2021 at 5:24 AM, Braintree said:

Porsche-944-Turbo-1.jpg

Do it. There's tons of reasons not to buy an old car but if it brings you joy then why not. Best way to get a nice older car is through a mechanic.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a nice porsche, no doubt.

Braintree is in California if I'm not mistaken, which means no snow (and salted roads), and very little rain, so rust should not be a big concern. I also hear that in California there are many car enthusiasts taking really good care for the old cars and you can borrow/rent some, or buy them at a very high price. The Singer shop makes some pretty nice Porsche from ground up (refurbishing and also re-designing a bit). Very tasteful. I know I would be getting myself one of those if I had the money. I mean, just look at this beauty:

05-singer-911-monaco.jpg?fit=1000,666&ss

So if you got the money go for it. However, it would do you good if you know your way into the engine and fix some stuff by yourself. It really depends on the condition of the vehicle how much money you're going to throw at it down the line. To afford a car like this it's not just the initial price tag, it's all the care and repair later. These cars are more for a sunday drive and not a daily commute.

The cars my mates had were specifically a Jag xjs and a Mercedes 300sl, both mid late 80s, both kept in garages. They basically both rotted/rusted away. Maybe Porsches from that time were built different? Or maybe they just both bought duffers.
The Jag was fookin amazing when it worked though
jag's a certain era were just total garbage.  in the states a lot of people got rid of their jags because so many trips to the shop every other month. then they bought lexus and traded in the jags. 

Source: was a valet at a country club/condo in miami and used to hear about it all the time.