IGNORED

Capitalist Bootlicker thread

chenGOD

10 hours ago, chenGOD said:

The other object of my material desire is an original  and ottoman.

spacer.png

At first I was like $6K for a chair? But after you sit in one you're like damnnnnnnn.

They aren't even that comfy but yeah, stylish. I love Bauhaus influenced design (check out Wilhelm Wagenfeld). I think you can get replicas for ~1500€, still a lot for a chair lol

9 minutes ago, Candiru said:

What are some dope things you can do with that camera? I know nothing about cameras. Could you film a surreal art-house cult masterpiece with that bad boy?

For most usages medium format cameras are probably worse than regular DLSRs, just a bit cumbersome, but they produce ultra high res photos because they have a huge sensor, with virtually no visible noise, even if you crank up the ISO. Usually the digital ones make pictures with many many pixels so you can zoom in and use only a tiny detail of the picture and still have it in acceptable resolution . Nodboy really needs them, though, I guess, except for very specific usages

I don't know all of the jargon there, but I have gathered enough information to satisfactorily quench my thirst for knowledge about that camera and its extravagant abilities. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Candiru said:

a hologram of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka giving you inspirational advice/insider trading tips. 

"We are the Music Makers

and

We are the Dreamers of Dreams"

:)

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

They aren't even that comfy but yeah, stylish. I love Bauhaus influenced design (check out Wilhelm Wagenfeld). I think you can get replicas for ~1500€, still a lot for a chair lol

Mate those things are ridiculously comfortable. I had the luxury of sitting in one for a short while, and have been trying to justify buying one ever since. 
nice choice on the hasselblad by the way - I have some pro photographer friends (as in they make an actual living off it) and they both want a hasselblad. 

• Like 1

Stuff like hasselblads and leicas are not worth their price tag. It's gate keeping. They are assembling parts together, leica has hand-made assembly (production is machined). There are 8 semi-conductor and sensor manufacturers in the world, and a couple of lens manufacturers. None of them are leica or hasselblad. They are relics of the film era, used by famous people. Leica is a luxury product, hasselblad had good mechanics, top of the line zeiss lens and modular design. Now it just has medium format sensor and modular design. A couple of years ago I was looking up a hasselblad digital model and it was obsolete and outclassed by its competitors by a huge margin (not justifying their inflated price).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

For most usages medium format cameras are probably worse than regular DLSRs, just a bit cumbersome, but they produce ultra high res photos because they have a huge sensor, with virtually no visible noise, even if you crank up the ISO. Usually the digital ones make pictures with many many pixels so you can zoom in and use only a tiny detail of the picture and still have it in acceptable resolution . Nodboy really needs them, though, I guess, except for very specific usages

I watched a dude do some architectural shooting for a magazine with a hasselblad, he looked so authoritative shooting with it. 

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

We owe a ton of money to China. Fuck paying them though. I think that should be our mission, actually. Just make everything in America so everyone can get a job and then just enjoy never, ever paying China for shit. 

Can’t tell if serious...

• Burger 1

1 minute ago, cichlisuite said:

Stuff like hasselblads and leicas are not worth their price tag. It's gate keeping. They are assembling parts together, leica has hand-made assembly (production is machined). There are 8 semi-conductor and sensor manufacturers in the world, and a couple of lens manufacturers. None of them are leica or hasselblad. They are relics of the film era, used by famous people. Leica is a luxury product, hasselblad had good mechanics, top of the line zeiss lens and modular design. Now it just has medium format sensor and modular design. A couple of years ago I was looking up a hasselblad digital model and it was obsolete and outclassed by its competitors by a huge margin (not justifying their inflated price).

Yeah, this is accurate.

Zeiss lenses, though.... ooof. I wanna lick them. But Samyang makes also great manual lenses of similar quality that cost a fraction of the price

6 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Oh let us buy sensible cameras then, like a bunch of communists.

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

3 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Yeah, this is accurate.

Zeiss lenses, though.... ooof. I wanna lick them. But Samyang makes also great manual lenses of similar quality that cost a fraction of the price

Yeah those large calibre zeiss lens were razor-sharp and clear. Samyang, tamron are all good third-party lens.

In my opinion if anyone wants to dabble in film photography, get yourself a pentax mx5. Small, light, SLR, sturdy, good mechanics, built-in lightmeter, you can get excellent lens from almost any manufacturer  (by way of adapters). The viewfinder is excellent, on ebay yoz can get mint condition for a very good price.

20 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Stuff like hasselblads and leicas are not worth their price tag. It's gate keeping

Look at the thread you’re in m8.

1 minute ago, cichlisuite said:

Yeah those large calibre zeiss lens were razor-sharp and clear. Samyang, tamron are all good third-party lens.

In my opinion if anyone wants to dabble in film photography, get yourself a pentax mx5. Small, light, SLR, sturdy, good mechanics, built-in lightmeter, you can get excellent lens from almost any manufacturer  (by way of adapters). The viewfinder is excellent, on ebay yoz can get mint condition for a very good price.

Thanks, seems you can get those for as little as 50€, thought about tapping into analogue photography (mostly because of the shenanigans you can do during the developing process)

2 hours ago, milkface said:

Economic nationalism is the way forward. Nationalise the lot. It's good for the environment too I guess, better off making things you can make at home, and only importing stuff you can't grow/make, rather than importing vegetables/ fruit that can easily be made in your own country and having to ship/ fly it then bring it by lorry.

I propose milkface for compulsory labour in the vegetable fields to replace the immigrants. I hope milky wasn't hoping to be part of the nationalist elite who wouldn't have to do any hard work?

If you were one of the men that got any, yes.

I've read somewhere that in the Inca empire that privilege was only extended to the royal family and only the very top level of it, too. Everyone else had to perform manual labor.

• Haha 1

Can y'all please take your discussion of dialectical materialism elsewhere, this thread is for super aspirational bourgie shit you want to buy and might actually be able to buy (I'm assuming we have no multi-millionaires on here).

40 minutes ago, caze said:

I propose milkface for compulsory labour in the vegetable fields to replace the immigrants. I hope milky wasn't hoping to be part of the nationalist elite who wouldn't have to do any hard work?

I'm far left, economic nationalism isnt what you think it is. I'd be happy to work on some fields as long as I was paid a living wage.