IGNORED

Capitalist Bootlicker thread

chenGOD

19 minutes ago, milkface said:

I'm far left, economic nationalism isnt what you think it is. I'd be happy to work on some fields as long as I was paid a living wage.

Well, why don't you? Go pick some strawberries with minimal wage.

Not sure what you'd consider a living wage, but odds are theres a defined minimal wage which is supposed to be a living wage. And apart from the wage, would you really dont mind doing something like that indefinitely? It's not as romantic as you seem to think. It's hard work. Physically hard. And mentally you'd grow mad if you've got even a bit of intelligence.

And to what extent would you think others accept working in some field indefinitely? Do you really think people would enjoy that? 

There's a lot of pain and suffering in having a life like that. And I'm tempted to think you're hopelessly romantic when you think what that would be like. 

Edited by goDel

I don't actually want anything super expensive I guess. I just wish somebody would give me a few of million euros so I could live comfortably without having to work for pay and could just dabble with any projects that I feel like.:cisfor:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bootlicking you ask?

A second home in France or Italy, Brittany or Tuscany preferably. Brittany has galettes & great seafood, tiniest airport in the world at Dinard, immense bakeries. Firenze for different elements of palatial eating, mushroom only restaurants. Say no more.

Bike would be something like a 1929 Brough Superior SS100 Alpine. An old family Norton got cashed in recently, so a two-wheeled machine of vintage excellence could tie me to the capitalist regime’s wheels indefinitely. What’s not to like.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Alright, check this out then:

1280px-Pipistrel_Virus_at_EDKR_Bergflieg

I want that.

Nice! Having had the opportunity to fly a few times on private planes - it's definitely the way to travel! No lineups, just arrive and get on the plane, land and exit the airport.

Took a flying lesson as part of a crimbo divorce present once. If only the rear seat had an ejector button. We live & learn. Would upload the vid taken, except that would mean having to hear that excuse of a human cackling in the background. Shudder.

13 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

738576632_Capturedcran2020-04-1717_25_43.thumb.png.1df5b2399b87d04bff3911aa24892502.png

This baby : 15 399 €

81106598_Capturedcran2020-04-1717_31_51.png.4d0a56aed14cad6e76b39871bbfbc972.png

this one : 7850 €

basically I would buy a full McIntosh system (if I could)

Paired with what speakers?

21 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Paired with what speakers?

good question...

Monitor audio silver 6G 100 should be a good match

919298126_Capturedcran2020-04-1718_11_37.png.8993cd13c075c4c21658f00b3c6faee4.png

@darreichungsform true regarding Panamera or Cayenne, but the 911 is just timeless IMHO

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 2

I don't think it sold for that much either, though its impossible to know with the Scottish bidding system.  It was listed for about £800k iirc, it has a grade A listing for historical importance, but in the middle of nowhere relatively.  Stick a 0 on the price if it was in London. 

48 minutes ago, kakapo said:

Also on the same piece of land is Klein's textile studio, a brutalist oddity that has fallen into disrepair, but you can see its potential.

https://www.iconichouses.org/icons-at-risk/bernat-klein-studio

That is amazing - that kitchen space alone gives me a full erection.

29 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

mcintosh is childs play next to LAMM

Post something you want to own from LAMM

ok so let's go with that  LP1 Signature tube phono preamplifier for the records... 

lamm-LP1-signature-phono-preamplifier-small.jpg

The dual monaural phono preamplifier model LP1 Signature is the ultimate statement of perfection in High End audio. Just like the ML3 Signature and LL1 Signature, the LP1 Signature is one of the best creations of its designer’s professional career.The LP1 Signature has been designed to complement the ML3 amplifier and the LL1 preamplifier. It completes the Signature Series triad and, in combination with the other two Signature components, represents a “match made in heaven”. However, the LP1 Signature will perform its magic in any system provided it is of sufficient quality.The experience of listening to the LP1 is a unique one. It is, at once, intimate and expansive—as if being transported to a space that belongs to just the listener and the music as they merge with one another. With no electrical artifice to impede communication, a greater understanding of the music is immediately possible. Thus enabled, the listener can enjoy each and every musical element locked in the LP’s grooves with newfound depth, profundity and insight.The LP1 Signature features a topology that brings out the most natural sound performance in the audio path. The main distinction of the LP1 Signature from any other comparable type of preamplifiers is its almost inaudible sonic signature. When connected to the appropriate type of electronics, and especially LAMM amplifiers and preamplifiers, it assures the extraordinary transparency of perceived sound and recreation of a three dimensional soundstage in the home, recording studio, etc. without boundaries and limitations.
The LP1 Signature is a vacuum tube preamplifier that employs a high current pure class A operation from input to output. No loop feedback is employed.

that runs you $42,990

paired with the LL1 Preamp, which are 4 boxes for two channels... 

lamm-LL1-signature-tube-preamplifier-small.jpglamm-LL1-signature-tube-preamplifier-small.jpg

The monaural line level preamplifier model LL1 Signature is the ultimate statement of perfection in High-End audio. Just like ML3 Signature is the best creation of its designer’s professional career among the LAMM amplifiers, so is the LL1 Signature among the line level LAMM preamplifiers.The LL1 Signature has been designed to complement the ML3 Signature amplifier, and this combination in a system represents a “match made in heaven”. However, the LL1 Signature will perform magic with any other appropriate power amplifier.The LL1 Signature features a topology that brings out the most natural sound performance in the audio path. In principle, it is a single-stage unit that basically represents the shortest possible signal path.

that adds on another $51,990

then you still need those ML3 tube amplifiers

lamm-ML3-tube-monoblock-amplifiers-small.jpglamm-ML3-tube-monoblock-amplifiers-small.jpg

The ML3 is a single-ended (SE) tube amplifier utilizing a very powerful direct-heated triode GM-70 (125W plate dissipation) and a separate power supply. Combining the most sophisticated technologies and electronic design with graceful looks reminiscent of the classic era of tubes, the ML3 is our top-of-the-line, no-compromise product.It is a 32-watt amplifier that operates in pure class A and utilizes no overall feedback. The topology is absolutely unique and incorporates one of the most advanced power supplies ever featured in an audio device. These factors, along with the designer’s unique vision and understanding of the underlying principles of audio electronics, make the ML3 an amplifier without peer.With the ML3 as the centerpiece of a high-end system, the recorded event is recreated in one’s listening room with astonishing verisimilitude. The listener is able to experience an ephemeral yet tangible connection to the essence of the music. These are not empty claims. Those who have listened to the ML3 firsthand have unanimously acknowledged this phenomenon and have reported it to be utterly unique in their collective experience.SE tube amplifiers, in general, have the potential to reproduce music with greater realism than any other amplifier type or topology. The reality, however, is another thing because of the limitations inherent in most designs. These amplifiers can sound lovely in the midrange but their low and high frequency reproduction leaves much to be desired. The ML3 overcomes these obvious limitations. The resultant sound is strikingly similar to the live event.

Along with the ML2.1, the ML3 is practically the only SE tube amplifier available capable of reproducing an entire range of audio frequencies – not just the exquisite midrange but also the most natural and extended bass and high frequencies. The amplifier’s innovative circuitry enables it to recreate the original spectral balance and harmonic structure of the recorded material without losing even the tiniest details and nuances. Due to its extraordinary transparency, the ML3 is also unmatched its ability to recreate a three-dimensional soundstage without boundaries and limitations. As with the ML2.1, the ML3 brings out the most natural sound performance inherent in the signal and unequivocally demonstrates what a properly designed single-ended amplifier can do.

those four run you $144,690...

so JUST for your amplification... not including any speakers, cables, turntable and stylus... you're ponying up $239,670... hell yea

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dr lopez said:

ok so let's go with that  LP1 Signature tube phono preamplifier for the records... 

lamm-LP1-signature-phono-preamplifier-small.jpg

that runs you $42,990

paired with the LL1 Preamp, which are 4 boxes for two channels... 

lamm-LL1-signature-tube-preamplifier-small.jpglamm-LL1-signature-tube-preamplifier-small.jpg

that adds on another $51,990

then you still need those ML3 tube amplifiers

lamm-ML3-tube-monoblock-amplifiers-small.jpglamm-ML3-tube-monoblock-amplifiers-small.jpg

those four run you $144,690...

so JUST for your amplification... not including any speakers, cables, turntable and stylus... you're ponying up $239,670... hell yea

now we're talking !