IGNORED

Capitalist Bootlicker thread

chenGOD

39 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

"The experience of listening to the LP1 is a unique one. It is, at once, intimate and expansive—as if being transported to a space that belongs to just the listener and the music as they merge with one another. With no electrical artifice to impede communication, a greater understanding of the music is immediately possible. Thus enabled, the listener can enjoy each and every musical element locked in the LP’s grooves with newfound depth, profundity and insight."

This is incredible writing. Never before have I felt the urge to vomit so strongly after reading something.

I love micotransactions, who's with me?

Show some love for the big C

26 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

also, If money was not an issue and looking like a futuristic goth ninja was ok (because, you know, no boss and only god can judge me)

I would buy all of my clothes here :

https://acrnm.com

1390190241349.jpg

1 hour ago, joshuatxuk said:

I find the irony in using Tool's music in a presumably anti-capitalist parody video delectable, given that Maynard's net worth is somewhere around $60M.

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

also, If money was not an issue and looking like a futuristic goth ninja was ok (because, you know, no boss and only god can judge me)

https://acrnm.com/

I'd go for off-white myself:

https://www.off---white.com/en-ca/shopping/man?categories=136335&gender=2&pageindex=1&seasons=10337754&sort=newitems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

https://acrnm.com/

Style is totally up my alley: functional, simple, slightly militarist (but not intentionally so, it seems, but in fact it's intentional). But I don't like the price tag, lol. I wonder why it's not the standard look for clothing. Is it so hard NOT to put some silly print on a jacket?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I bought a coin pouch recently - best $10 I ever spent.  Sure, my pockets can hold change, but why not spoil myself a little?  I'm sure it's held far more than $10 in change by now.  Imagine holding $1000 in a coin pouch that only cost you 10?  Yowza!

People do it every day in Final Fantasy.

19 hours ago, Braintree said:

A goddamn home.

ISnquv4n53wolz0000000000.jpg

FYI, this house right here costs something between 1-2 million USD. In other words, it's un-fucking-attainable to me :catsuicide:

• Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

these things or some variation on all these things. or maybe just an RV for driving around and working on a laptop wherever i want. 

ssl_xl_desk_unloaded_angle.jpg

avedis_e27_520.jpgavedis-e12g_123295_1.jpg

redco-tt-db25-96pt-patchbay_9517_1.jpg

eventide_eclipse_1.jpeg

rme-m-32-pro-ad_109557_1_1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Nice SSL board ?

it's their stripped down project studio mixer. can load it w/500 series modules. has a handful of sends, bus compressor, direct outs, no  automation or anything. would make a nice thing for tracking since it's got transparent circuitry and super nice freq range. like flat to 3hz or something. no color but what is added somewhere else which i like. if dreaming it'd be a nice thing but honestly the mackie i have works just fine. 

if i could post a photo of being independently wealthy and retired from a day job i'd post that. 

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's their stripped down project studio mixer. can load it w/500 series modules. has a handful of sends, bus compressor, direct outs, no  automation or anything. would make a nice thing for tracking since it's got transparent circuitry and super nice freq range. like flat to 3hz or something. no color but what is added somewhere else which i like. if dreaming it'd be a nice thing but honestly the mackie i have works just fine. 

if i could post a photo of being independently wealthy and retired from a day job i'd post that. 

I've been thinking of doing a (relatively) budget version of this with either a 2nd hand x-desk or midas venice as the console, and a lunchbox of diy 500 modules.  Have you ever come across an E27 diy clone?  One of the things that's stopping me is that for the straightforward diy modules what is out there is quite limited to the classics i.e. API , Neve, Pultec etc whereas a lot of the interesting stuff in 500 format is non-diy and I can't justify £1,500 quid on a mono eq.  I also got knocked back on a reasonable offer for midas 240 last week, which is making me think again.   

2 hours ago, kakapo said:

I've been thinking of doing a (relatively) budget version of this with either a 2nd hand x-desk or midas venice as the console, and a lunchbox of diy 500 modules.  Have you ever come across an E27 diy clone?  One of the things that's stopping me is that for the straightforward diy modules what is out there is quite limited to the classics i.e. API , Neve, Pultec etc whereas a lot of the interesting stuff in 500 format is non-diy and I can't justify £1,500 quid on a mono eq.  I also got knocked back on a reasonable offer for midas 240 last week, which is making me think again.   

X desk would be a good way to go because it's expandable. they're small, sound good etc. only a couple sends though. there's various older/new mid range mixers out there from soundcraft and allen/heath that are pretty good. i can't obsess about the differences in that range of mixers though. just find the oe that stays out of the way, sonically..  my patch bay is the thing i'd really love to replace w/a proper TT bay and new cabling but that would cost thousands. 

i don't do DIY. i'm awful at anythign that requires a soldering iron. i just make a fucking mess. last time i tried to do something w/a soldering iron was put a new screen in my DX11... i took a pic of it and posted it on IG and a friend texted me saying "STOP. just bring your shit over and i'll do it". he has a modular company and knows how to do all that obviously and has the right tools for that shit. so i haven't looked at any diy. 

some pro audio brands really have a niche. if you look at the frequency specs of all the gear you'll see why certain things are known for being "the best thing to use on rock drum kit snare" or whatever the fuck. the avedis stuff is wide open. i probably make more of that than it is. but i used to have a couple avalon DIs and they also are flat down to like 2hz or something and have a wide open top end so on a drum machine that's bumping they just sound amazing. everything sounded so good.  ideally some API eqs and avedis eqs wold make a nice rack. but i don't even use the eq much on my mackie except for the hi pass filter here and there. it's mostly just for tracking and lately i've only used it when monitoring and then i patch directly into the AD converters. shrug.  a mixer, currently, is just a convenience when writing stuff then when i'm ready to record i do something different. it's weird. but it's what i've done lately. i guess that'll change when i use things differently again and integrate w/more gear/modular/fx etc. in a big patch bay mess being controlled by Max or something. need to build those max patches though.

if the RonaDemic lasts long enough maybe i'll have time. derp.

as for more capitalist bootlicker robreport type fantasy... i'd love to swim in the backyard. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

18 hours ago, milkface said:

Economic nationalism is the way forward. Nationalise the lot. It's good for the environment too I guess, better off making things you can make at home, and only importing stuff you can't grow/make, rather than importing vegetables/ fruit that can easily be made in your own country and having to ship/ fly it then bring it by lorry.

14 hours ago, goDel said:
14 hours ago, milkface said:
15 hours ago, caze said:

I propose milkface for compulsory labour in the vegetable fields to replace the immigrants. I hope milky wasn't hoping to be part of the nationalist elite who wouldn't have to do any hard work?

I'm far left, economic nationalism isnt what you think it is. I'd be happy to work on some fields as long as I was paid a living wage.

Well, why don't you? Go pick some strawberries with minimal wage.

Not sure what you'd consider a living wage, but odds are theres a defined minimal wage which is supposed to be a living wage. And apart from the wage, would you really dont mind doing something like that indefinitely? It's not as romantic as you seem to think. It's hard work. Physically hard. And mentally you'd grow mad if you've got even a bit of intelligence.

And to what extent would you think others accept working in some field indefinitely? Do you really think people would enjoy that? 

There's a lot of pain and suffering in having a life like that. And I'm tempted to think you're hopelessly romantic when you think what that would be like. 

So because it's slave like, inhumane work in your eyes it should be paid minimum wage and we should leave it to the immigrants? Or out-source it somehow so we don't have see it and think about it?

Also, what about all the slave work that's not even paid minimum wage, let alone a living wage (not always same)? 

https://www.ecowatch.com/europes-dirty-little-secret-moroccan-slaves-and-a-sea-of-plastic-1882131257.html
https://oneworld.press/?module=articles&action=view&id=1379
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/aware-slaves-greenhouses-191015093821140.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/20/tomatoes-italy-mafia-migrant-labour-modern-slavery
https://www.euractiv.com/section/social-europe-jobs/news/eu-countries-accept-slave-labor-from-north-korea-rights-group-reveals/

etc.

Globalisation does have its dark sides. And I think that was basically what milkface was trying to express. Is the radical protectionist economy he is proposing the solution, though? I think not, it's more complicated than that. It would basically move the same sort of problems of extreme inequality that we have globally into the national sphere minus the benefits/efficiency of globalisation. But he is right in that the living standard of the (global) lower classes must be lifted significantly and that we shouldn't destroy the environment through goods traffic that could be avoided.

12 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

I want to own Australia

Would you set it on fire, just for fun, and see what happens? lol

16 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Paired with what speakers?

Avantgarde Acoustic is the given companion to McIntosh gear during a mid life crisis. A pair of Duo Primo XD is just shy of €80 000.

52245109-origpic-a543ff.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

This car appeared in one of my neighbours parking spots, pure sex. I also want a new kitchen.

IMG_20200317_202232~2.jpg

Sorry, I’ll move it. Was visiting lady friend.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 4
  • Farnsworth 1