IGNORED

Capitalist Bootlicker thread

chenGOD

I bought a cheap tent the summer is saved wowowow capitalism

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 11:15 AM, rhmilo said:

I don't get the dust comments for baseboard heating either. Then again I never heard of baseboard heating until today. Could someone explain how this causes dust issues?

On 6/7/2020 at 10:13 AM, IDEM said:

Yeah, this. I didn't really understand the dust comments either, I guess that wouldn't be an issue with in-floor heating, right?

Anyway, didn't want to make this whole thread about me; anyone else have some unreasonable consumerist aspirations?

baseboard usually refers to an electric unit that draws and then heats air from the surrounding space, then recirculates it back into that space.  they have a high energy usage but are sufficient for small spaces.

dust is somewhat separate issue but related to air circulation and filtration.  a modern central air system will have filters and could generally provide higher air quality to a home.  of course all the windows and doors can let in outside air and particulate matter though..

radiant floor heating (hydronic heating, aka hot water running through flexible tubes cast into the slab) is actually much more efficient than air heating.  the thermal mass of the slab does not fluctuate as much as the temperature of air, so it's easier to maintain its temperature as a heating source.  the disadvantages are that it can't be used for both heating and cooling, and that you would also need a separate air exchange system.  but it is a great solution for heating, especially in cold climates

Edited by markedone
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for underfloor heating. I find my traditional radiators horrible to look at and a waste of space. I've been toying with the idea of replacing them with vertical rads because vertical = more idm but taking the whole floor up and putting in an underfloor system would be lush and the ultimate idm heating solution.

Thanks for the idea that I will realistically never bother to realise.

• Like 4

On 8/4/2020 at 8:19 PM, fertooos said:

So I was wondering, if everyone in a counrty has a pension and a right to one, would that stop people from being capitalist bootlickers? I need to know in case I come across an anti-capitalist edgelord without making an ass of myself.

It's impossible not to make an ass of yourself when you come across an edgelord.

Like I'm currently doing, mr edgelord. ;D

51 minutes ago, fertooos said:

Hi guys! It is an interesting thread. I have seen many inspiring and funny things here. Where are you all from? I am from the UK, https://postcodefinder.net/. It looks here like everybody is talking about his own topic. I have never seen such a mess on any other thread. But overall, it is very unique and live communication. This is what everybody missed during the lockdown.

john cena omg GIF

Edited by markedone

• 1 month later...

There isn't much that I feel I need
A solid soul and the blood I bleed
But with a little girl, and by my spouse
I only want a proper house

I really just want a house that I actually want to live in instead of settling on something that is shit, but I can reasonably afford.

Also I really like hockey goalie gear, but it's incredibly expensive. Just my leg pads cost $1500.

"In every dream home a heartache
And every step I take
Takes me further from heaven
Is there a heaven?
I'd like to think so
Standards of living
They're rising daily
But home oh sweet home
It's only a saying
From bell push to faucet
In smart town apartment
The cottage is pretty
The main house a palace
Penthouse perfection
But what goes on
What to do there
Better pray there."

• Like 1

The second I stopped subscribing to the hipster ideology was when my neighborhood started reverse-gentrifying. Shit was trippy to witness. I speak like 3 Nigerian dialects and listen to Slipknot now. 

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2020 at 10:24 AM, Candiru said:

The second I stopped subscribing to the hipster ideology was when my neighborhood started reverse-gentrifying. Shit was trippy to witness. I speak like 3 Nigerian dialects and listen to Slipknot now. 

Is Allston still a shithole?

3 hours ago, Braintree said:

Is Allston still a shithole?

Last I saw it was college kids with some crusty punk types. It’s got big rats, who are currently gentrifying everything.