IGNORED

Rare '90/91 demo tape

realthanks

Richard used to make tapes for his friends to play in their cars... this is probably one of those tapes. Probably SAW 85-92-era stuff, a few PBOD tracks, I would imagine...

On 4/20/2020 at 5:14 PM, Joyrex said:

Richard used to make tapes for his friends to play in their cars... this is probably one of those tapes. Probably SAW 85-92-era stuff, a few PBOD tracks, I would imagine...

Does anyone know if the PBOD moniker was ever registered by Richard?  it would be cool to get a Legofeet type demo release someday, but he seems to be blending the trax in with the sc dumps these days huh.

I don't think any PBOD stuff was ever registered with Chrysalis, if that's what you mean. No commercial releases use that alias either. That might not be the case now though with this stuff going on SoundCloud (or not).

I would imagine that was what he was going to call himself until he ran into Tom Middleton and the Aphex Twin name came about... probably a good name change choice in retrospect!

On 4/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, hijexx said:

Wonder what the terms he worked out with Aphex Systems were?

Indeed! That would be interesting to find out how that all went down... then again, Richard's sister is an attorney (no idea what she practices) so she may have helped in getting the deal sorted out.

• 3 months later...

Archived