Sign in to follow this  
Velazquez

3 Vibert albums forthcoming

It probably has tracks dating back to 2003 on it- but remixed CDR tracks- nah? just some the old Vibert vocal samples used again.

New AA is great, DBC 1 is amazing...

I love it when Luke strings together a bunch of samples from different sources all talking about the same thing, like on "God"

• Like 1

I thought there was a recent vibert release on bandcamp with Balkan that was just a bunch of breaks for ppl to make their own jungle w, but seems to have gone missing? did i imagine this..

It was taken down by the artist's request.

Lids on tight for these last two. Anyone heard these in their entirety yet? Oh, everyone but me?

15 minutes ago, Snickerfritz said:

Lids on tight for these last two. Anyone heard these in their entirety yet? Oh, everyone but me?

Not yet! But my vinyl shipped out a week or two ago. And it says all 3 albums shipped even though rave hop isn’t supposed to release until July 31. 🤷‍♂️

I've got shipping on all records too. Modern Rave is supposed to release digitally tomorrow. 

Madness

Rave sounds like it's going to be really good! 

still waiting on the vinyl.  Enjoying this one but really looking toward Rave Hop.

Some thoughts on the "Luke Vibert Presents" series. This is some really focused work. It's as if there's some internal logic that has been interpreted in four distinct styles. I say four because it occurs to me that these records are probably the continuation of the series that Luke began with "UK Garave Vol. 1," as it seems to have the same internal logic. I assume they were probably conceived to come out on a radically different schedule. Wonder what happened? Sitting here waiting for Rave Hop to drop...

• Like 1

Of course the internal logic thing goes for all of Vibert's different incarnations.

Amen Andrews was fine, I enjoyed it, even if it's not one of my top albums Luke has done, it's much catchier and interesting compared to Modern Rave, which I found middling and didn't feel up to par in the silly, sample-filled style Luke has been a genius with for decades. Hope Rave Hop is something I'll like more.

Well shit, I was hitting refresh on my computer all goddamned day yesterday! Where is Rave Hop?!

I think Rave Hop is released next week.  

I agree with Squidward - Modern Rave is hit and miss, enjoyable but not top tier. When all the preview clips were released Mod Rave was the one I was looking forward to the least.