IGNORED

Actress - Karma & Desire

auxien

6 hours ago, markedone said:
8 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

so actress is a Nazi?

DJ SS

after consulting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_(number), i assume he's trying to reclaim its significance to both pirate radio and hip hop.

regardless, im around halfway in and the music is really good so far

lol, it's actually a bit misunderstandable and especially in combination with "werk" instead of "work" in the header you might think of the Nazi symbol 88 (until you listen to the music). But as the title was Karma & Desire before I assume he is interested in eastern philosophy/mythology and it's referring to the Chinese symbol for fortune and luck (took that from the Wiki article), which some might consider "cringe". But then the whole album is one continuous piece rather than split up into tracks, kind of collage/switch channel like, so markedone is probably right that it's a homage to pirate radio. Or maybe it's both

It's relaxing stuff, I like it so far

• Like 1

Did anyone opt for the download? I did it and there is a .pdf and a glitched .jpeg of Steve Harvey's mouth and moustache. The .pdf claims the release date is October 2020. We're all sure this isn't a troll? I'm listening to the file and it sounds Actress'y but I lost track of him after 2012 or so. 

This is really nice!

What's the who is actress site all about though? Anyone figured out the password?

This is bonus freebie me think the karma & desire album still coming in oct 

37 minutes ago, realthanks said:

that's the link sent to your inbox when you correctly guess the password on the site

yeah this

he replied to someone on Twitter with the whoisactress.com site which is just a splash page, password is karma and desire, you get emailed a link to a new album which is not Karma & Desire. whatever this one is is basically a AZD b-sides sounding thing, all one file with no track distinctions (it's simply titled '88' so assuming this is the album's name) tho on Twitter he also tweeted a list of what i'm assuming are the track titles.

anyway i think it sounds really good. will definitely listen again today.

image.png.5e5371bf2bd244e04e9e090c7c79ad62.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goDel said:

good stuff!

amirite to believe the 88-download at bc is the album in mono? or just a random collection of tunes?

I think it's just a random collection of tunes.

Been on an Actress binge all day, love this dude's shit. I forgot I liked this guy's music so much

• Like 1

Cheers Actress. And thanks everyone for chasing this up. I'd forgotten about this a while back so delighted to hear he's dropped anything new. 

Long term big fan here :)

• Like 1

Love 88 so muchhhh, this will do 'till October for sure. I'm only cautiously exited for K&D because there seem to be a lot of guest features. For some reason I don't see Actress' music working well with vocalists.

Echoing the love for this! So good

Also think I will prob end up liking this more than the "proper" album but hope he manages to prove me wrong!  

• Like 3

he tweeted this link out today: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/01/88-or-how-telegraphers-coded-love-and-kisses/282850/

88, Or How Telegraphers Coded 'Love and Kisses'

Behold, the emoji heart of 1879.

so sorta related.... Karma & Desire / 88 (Love and Kisses) i guess? anyway, tunes are good. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dr lopez said:

s'alright. definitely like actress when it's not MEGA overhyped

Yeah, Cosine is my fave trak of his and it's a 192k mp3 freebie from a couple of years ago (thnkx drn, FERDA)

3 hours ago, markedone said:

someone chopped it up into individual tracks, if you know where to seek.  for those who are anal about their music files like me

Butt im anal too and this feels kinda sacrilege, since Dj Kicks released it ass a single file/werk

Thanks Stebe Harbee

Edited by BobDobalina