IGNORED

Actress - Karma & Desire

auxien

I think I've played this 4 times now and share the same sentiment I've seen in a few reviews – that the tracks are good but it's seriously lacking flow and a common thread. 3/5

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

I think I've played this 4 times now and share the same sentiment I've seen in a few reviews – that the tracks are good but it's seriously lacking flow and a common thread. 3/5

its decent enough but just doesnt grab me at all.

pretty decent way to switch beats I must say, but I find his melodies depressing and its just a dark album for me.

Edited by Ayya Khema

I like this a lot more than I expected to. listened a few times now and it has some really great moments.

not a fan though of the vocals on the 2nd & 3rd tracks. they way they are spoken give me Madonna - Vogue vibes.

I'm enjoying it, but it is low-key

I'm presuming the guest vocalists contributed the lyrics. They generally work well enough but sometimes come off as poor man's Burial/generic rave slogans.

Maybe if he'd done the words himself it would've ended up like SP's 50 Cycles.

Edited by Key

Gave this a couple of listens and TBH it's quite disappointing, especially seeing as 88 was the freebee (and f'n great at that), and this was meant to be the main dish.  His aesthetic generally shines through, but a lot of the vocal treatments make it sound like a retake of mid-2010s Andy Stott material.

• 2 weeks later...

Ik fried it but the code doesn't work?

Just now, thumbass said:

Ik fried it but the code doesn't work?

Or do i have to buy the shirt

Edited by thumbass

9 hours ago, thumbass said:

Or do i have to buy the shirt

You need to buy the shirt. It's on the pricey side, but the t-shirt does look good.

It ships from the States, but with December and COVID, might take a while. I did get a dispatch note straight away Friday, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

You need to buy the shirt. It's on the pricey side, but the t-shirt does look good.

It ships from the States, but with December and COVID, might take a while. I did get a dispatch note straight away Friday, so fingers crossed.

I own a lot of pricey clothing so that's not a problem, it's a nice shirt. Maybe I'll buy ittt

On 12/1/2020 at 10:10 PM, thumbass said:

I own a lot of pricey clothing so that's not a problem, it's a nice shirt. Maybe I'll buy ittt

It arrived today, t-shirt is very nice, though looks like a big M to me. It was very easy to access the album, no too much faffing about. About to take a listen now. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

It arrived today, t-shirt is very nice, though looks like a big M to me. It was very easy to access the album, no too much faffing about. About to take a listen now. 

RePMort back with your impressions please!

Edited by thumbass

Only one listen so far. It's good, there's some very nice tracks on here. Certainly has that feel of some of the Twitter tracks he's released. Happy I bought this, t-shirt is wicked too. 

The piano makes an appearance in some of the tracks, and there are a few fast tempo pieces on here, Try Again and Errr!, sort of juke vibe to my ears. Errr! is absolutely wicked, probably fave track at the moment. Beautiful slow piano refrain behind frenetic beats, and when the string/pads drop coming up to the 8 min mark... pretty epic. 

Promo sounds like he's sampled the the beat from I Can't Go For That, keep expecting Daryl Hall to start crooning. 

1582722725_ScreenShot2020-12-04at20_08_21.thumb.png.8999e0d56f15a565cc21ba33110fdd66.png

Edited by Shimon_Shimon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 months later...