IGNORED

Highlights reel

BBC has been reshowing the few Wales international glories during quarantine. Germany 1991, Italy 2002, errrrr........Euro ‘16? Good moments, but turgid overall.

If you can be arsed, lob up any game highlights of your favourite wins, losses or draws. Any teams, any level. Gloating is entirely permissible. Try & keep them succinct.

To start (wanna save Cardiff v Leeds for later) & no scouse allegiances through neutrality, this during a full moon 24 years ago was insane. Soz @kakapo, if you hadn’t mentioned black & white loyalism somewhere it wouldn’t have twinged my synapses

4 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

Soz @kakapo, if you hadn’t mentioned black & white loyalism somewhere it wouldn’t have twinged my synapses

The Liverpool 4-3 is always seen as the iconic moment of that season, but we were already behind manu at that point and it's the 1-0 at home to them a month earlier that sticks in most Geordies heads.  We absolutely hammered them, Schmeichel somehow kept them in the game with one of his best ever performances and then Cantona scored.  That was the real key point in the season.  I remember going into the town centre on my school lunchbreak on the Monday after and it was like everyone's mam had died.  There's a myth that it was Newcastle's defence that was our achille's heel that season, and the 4-3 is often cited as evidence.  It wasn't, our defence was one of the best in the league.   Sometimes football does just come down to luck, it would be pretty boring if it didn't. See also the 2-1 loss against Blackburn.  We hammered them, and then journeyman Graham Fenton, born on Tyneside and lifelong newcastle fan, scores two late goals.  It was the only thing of note he did in his entire career.   

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

but i will say that 2-1 manu bayern in 99 was the most insane game i've ever seen live.

The second leg of the semi-final against Juve wasn't half bad either ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...