IGNORED

Ambient / Pedal Steel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are very good at this style, very pleasant, deep & organic. Good titles too; some ambient artists really cheapen their pieces by titling them with a context in mind, e.g, Music For Dreaming, etc. Keep it abstract, or go the SoTL route and make completely irreverent titles!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

damn making me want a pedal steel....

good stuff (i'm one of the snobbiest people on here too)

i wish daniel lanois had this kind of retrain on the pedal steel.

Edited by sheatheman

Realising I should give more feedback than just saying that I like it, here goes :-

I don’t normally listen to pure ambient, i like rhythms and percussion mostly but a combination of it being nice and sunny here at the time I listened and as I said previously the image you used I find very appealing, so I clicked play.

I won’t comment on the actual composition as it’s obvious you know what you’re doing and you are well aware it is a very good piece. Fwiw, I was in a pretty good mood when I listened and I found it very uplifting. I should probably try listening again when I’m a bit angry about something and see how it effects me as the track does have plenty of emotions. Next time someone parks outside my house I will have another listen ?

It might be because of video/youtube but I thought it could go louder and still keep the dynamic range ? - Overall the mix sounded good on my hifi which is pretty decent (floor mount speakers & sub)

Nice work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sheatheman said:

damn making me want a pedal steel....

good stuff (i'm one of the snobbiest people on here too)

i wish daniel lanois had this kind of retrain on the pedal steel.

Thank you for the listen-

I too find some of lanois' stuff a bit.... "self indulgent" I suppose...

If you ever bite the bullet on a steel hit me up if you want with any questions or just to chat.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

Realising I should give more feedback than just saying that I like it, here goes :-

I don’t normally listen to pure ambient, i like rhythms and percussion mostly but a combination of it being nice and sunny here at the time I listened and as I said previously the image you used I find very appealing, so I clicked play.

I won’t comment on the actual composition as it’s obvious you know what you’re doing and you are well aware it is a very good piece. Fwiw, I was in a pretty good mood when I listened and I found it very uplifting. I should probably try listening again when I’m a bit angry about something and see how it effects me as the track does have plenty of emotions. Next time someone parks outside my house I will have another listen ?

It might be because of video/youtube but I thought it could go louder and still keep the dynamic range ? - Overall the mix sounded good on my hifi which is pretty decent (floor mount speakers & sub)

Nice work!

Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Honestly I just winged those mixes, I will probably get some mastering or further mixing done when we get a release going.

• 6 months later...

Hello Friends

Here is a compilation of most of the pedal-steel ambient stuff I've done this year.

I hope you enjoy. thank you for your support here. Take care of yourselves out there

Selected Serotonin Ambien TWERKS | Clayton Cushman (bandcamp.com)

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, qualitycontrol said:

Hello Friends

Here is a compilation of most of the pedal-steel ambient stuff I've done this year.

I hope you enjoy. thank you for your support here. Take care of yourselves out there

Selected Serotonin Ambien TWERKS | Clayton Cushman (bandcamp.com)

Awesome going to check this out!

• Like 1